Madden Field Goal Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Field Goal Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden Field Goal Question

Postby sox 06 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:45 pm

How in the heck does anyone block a field goal in Madden? I've been playing Madden for PS2 and now 360 and I've only blocked one field goal (with a Gameboy). I run the Field Goal Block play and I've even tried to run a blitz right up the middle and I still can't block one if my life depended on it. Does anyone have any tips on how to jump the snap just right or to jump at just the right time? I'm currently playing on the 360 and I'm using Madden 07.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eman » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Well, theres not really any secret.....its almost impossible to block a fg and thats that.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:07 pm

I've never seen a blocked FG in my Madden game on the PC. It's kinda stupid the play is called FG-Block...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby RWLongy4 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:48 pm

There is a way that i've been moderately succesful (meaning once every like 100 FGs) but if you line up with 1 of the 2 end players and break in as soon as your opponents FG bar starts .(not a second earlier or it's offsides) you can occasionally get there if you dive. ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:45 pm

SniperShot wrote:I've never seen a blocked FG in my Madden game on the PC. It's kinda stupid the play is called FG-Block...

There's Madden for the PC? Man, I gotta get that.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:31 pm

I've never blocked one in 07. To me, it's near impossible. I think I may have blocked one in 04 or 05 but that was when I edited my entire team to 7 feet tall :-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:22 am

I've seen a few FG blocks in 07. Out of a couple thousand FG attempts.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:11 am

The only time I've seen a block is when an offensive lineman falls down...like a pancake for the defense. When you're engaged you can't really jump - just kind of stick your arms up. But when you pancake the guy and then jump, you can really sky and if it is timed right...

Never happens, though, unless you play rookie level I suppose. On All-Pro or All-Madden, it just doesn't happen.

As long as we're talking about this...any clue why guys on your Punt Return team can't block anyone...ever? Idiots...
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby sox 06 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:07 am

dgan wrote:The only time I've seen a block is when an offensive lineman falls down...like a pancake for the defense. When you're engaged you can't really jump - just kind of stick your arms up. But when you pancake the guy and then jump, you can really sky and if it is timed right...

Never happens, though, unless you play rookie level I suppose. On All-Pro or All-Madden, it just doesn't happen.

As long as we're talking about this...any clue why guys on your Punt Return team can't block anyone...ever? Idiots...

The punt teams haven't blocked for the past few years, no clue why. BUT, I've found a way to beat it. Once you recieve the punt, take one quick step backwards then punch the sprint button and run it to either the left or the right. I usually can get around a 15-30 yard return. It works most of the time but at worst you get no gain. (This using a 360 and Madden 07)
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby confused_jake » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:02 pm

One thing ive had moderate success with as far as punt returning is this: when selecting the play, select the punt block play, then when you get to the line and the other team audibles to the tight punt formation, audible to the normal return. sometimes you can get a decent return from this.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Video Games