Madden Field Goal Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden Field Goal Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:15 pm

confused_jake wrote:One thing ive had moderate success with as far as punt returning is this: when selecting the play, select the punt block play, then when you get to the line and the other team audibles to the tight punt formation, audible to the normal return. sometimes you can get a decent return from this.

But most of the time your guys still won't block and you'll get nothing. Special teams really need to be reworked in Madden.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:26 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
confused_jake wrote:One thing ive had moderate success with as far as punt returning is this: when selecting the play, select the punt block play, then when you get to the line and the other team audibles to the tight punt formation, audible to the normal return. sometimes you can get a decent return from this.

But most of the time your guys still won't block and you'll get nothing. Special teams really need to be reworked in Madden.

Minus kickoffs... I love how kickoffs work.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eman » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:33 am

Ive actually had some success with punt returns by doing deep zone defensive plays such as prevent and then pulling back the fastest guy or most agile to return the punt. At least this way the guys are in the right place when youre catching the punt rather than being 5 yards behind the guy they should have blocked. It still doesnt work all too well though.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:58 am

Ive gotten a few blocks in 07. More than in past games. Always up the middle. Sometimes the MLB just gets free.

There are ALOT of blocks (relatively) in NCAA 07.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:02 am

steelerfan513 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I've never seen a blocked FG in my Madden game on the PC. It's kinda stupid the play is called FG-Block...

There's Madden for the PC? Man, I gotta get that.
Yeah it always comes out a week or two after and it becomes the forgotten afterthought. It's usually 10-15$ bucks cheaper too from past experience. Although make sure you have a halfway decent computer or you can't run it smooth with any kind of good graphics.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:36 pm

SniperShot wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I've never seen a blocked FG in my Madden game on the PC. It's kinda stupid the play is called FG-Block...

Yeah it always comes out a week or two after and it becomes the forgotten afterthought. It's usually 10-15$ bucks cheaper too from past experience. Although make sure you have a halfway decent computer or you can't run it smooth with any kind of good graphics.

Personally I find it much worse than on console. The graphics aren't as great/lag lots unless you have a really good computer. Plus the keyboard and/or mouse stink. If you're gonna get it for PC then at least get a half-decent controller.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:56 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

Personally I find it much worse than on console. The graphics aren't as great/lag lots unless you have a really good computer. Plus the keyboard and/or mouse stink. If you're gonna get it for PC then at least get a half-decent controller.

I have pretty much heard that all the PC version is good for is Franchise mode. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:31 pm

i'll let you guys in on a lil secret of How to Block a FG everytime Offline for PS2 and XBOX.

Please excuse my grammer, i was too lazy to spell check.

This is a glitch in madden 07' for xbox(not 360) and ps2 and only works offline.

There are 2 ways to do this, one is guaranteed, the other is harder.

Method 1(guaranteed):
When your opponent starts his meter to kick the FG(when he moves the joystick down) immediately press select, which will call a timeout. (you must press the timeout button before he finishes his kick by which is before he press up on the analog), so have your finger on the select button and once that meter moves, press select.

It will call timeout, now after he calls the next play to try the FG again select one of the outside furthest guys on either end, you'll be rushing with this guy.

When you get to the line the ball will be automatically hiked before he presses the button to hike it and the holder will just hold the ball....your opponent can do nothing but watch, the holder will hold the ball until he gets tackled, that is when you run around the outside and tackle the holder. Your opponent cant run or do anything, it is a guaranteed stop.

Method 2(not guaranteed):
Method 2 is the exact same from above, but instead of calling timeout right when he starts the meter, you need to go offsides, this is more helpful because you need those timeouts and only have 3, but this is very hard and takes very very good timing.

DO NOT DO THIS IF HE IS KICKING A FG THAT IS 5 OR LESS YARDS TO A 1ST DOWN OR HE WILL GET AN AUTOMATIC 1ST DOWN.

Select the NT or anyone else and move them right to the LOS, but not offsides, once your opponent starts the meter press down and run into one of his lineman which will call an offsides and the same result as above will happen. This is much harder to time and i only get maybe 2 out of 5, so go practice with it.

Please be aware when using this that your opponent will be quite heated and as what happened to me, resulted in a fist fight, so please only use this in fun games and not games with money on the line, it is something that your opponent will call BS on because it is something so unordinary.

If you boys got any q's please let me know, i also know how to block a punt everytime in madden 07' ONLINE ONLY, i can do it against regular punt, max protect punt, and fake FG punt, and its not a glitch its timing, so let me know if anyone wants to know how and i'll find a few minutes to type it up.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:23 pm

Does this work against the computer as well?

Great tips. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:38 pm

Hmm... I don't see how it's that hard. On Xbox Live with my 360, I've blocked atleast 8 or 9 kicks (extra points\field goals). It's normally my computer player that just barrells over the Center and just blocks it. I can still never block a punt online. I've only done it once and that was in Franchise mode on my regular Xbox.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games