Commercials have been pretty bad IMO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Commercials have been pretty bad IMO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:26 am

bobbing_headz wrote:This year there was definately a dissapointment. Even in perrenial heavyweights like Bedweiser they just weren't that great. Hope next year is better :-t


"Bedweiser" Now that would be a funny commercial. :-b
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:27 am

Sandrock wrote:Nobody else liked the one with the Hamsters/Gerbils(whatever they were) clicking the mouse? I thought that one was hilarious.


Seen it before. They had either that one or one REALLY close to it last year and I have seen that one for several months now. :-/
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby SniperShot » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:10 am

One of the best for me came about 20 minutes before kickoff- during the pregame.

A guy walks into his room and complains he can't sleep. His mother (obviously a guy with a wig) tells him to eat "that stuff, it has pizza in it." He eats it and leaves. The end screen comes up: Combos, what your mom would feed you if your mom were a man.

That had our room cracking up for a while and we were making jokes about that most of the game. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:06 pm

SniperShot wrote:One of the best for me came about 20 minutes before kickoff- during the pregame.

A guy walks into his room and complains he can't sleep. His mother (obviously a guy with a wig) tells him to eat "that stuff, it has pizza in it." He eats it and leaves. The end screen comes up: Combos, what your mom would feed you if your mom were a man.

That had our room cracking up for a while and we were making jokes about that most of the game. ;-D


That is a good one but its not new, I saw that one a few months ago. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby BigDballer » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:38 pm

Sandrock wrote:Nobody else liked the one with the Hamsters/Gerbils(whatever they were) clicking the mouse? I thought that one was hilarious.


He looked like he was doing something else at the begginning of the commercial... ;-)
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 850
Joined: 7 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Marcos

Postby mrblitz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:17 pm

I thought in the grand scale of it, the commericals weren't very good. The funniest one for me, was when everyone was slapping each other in the face.
Image


Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 12770
Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Having a coffee at the fantasy cafe.

Postby SniperShot » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:03 pm

Metroid wrote:
SniperShot wrote:One of the best for me came about 20 minutes before kickoff- during the pregame.

A guy walks into his room and complains he can't sleep. His mother (obviously a guy with a wig) tells him to eat "that stuff, it has pizza in it." He eats it and leaves. The end screen comes up: Combos, what your mom would feed you if your mom were a man.

That had our room cracking up for a while and we were making jokes about that most of the game. ;-D


That is a good one but its not new, I saw that one a few months ago. ;-D
Thought so. Glad I hadn't seen it till then though, it probably made it funnier.

The best new one I saw during the game was the Bud classroom where all the non english speaking students are taught to ask for a bud all over the country. Very funny!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:44 pm

SniperShot wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SniperShot wrote:One of the best for me came about 20 minutes before kickoff- during the pregame.

A guy walks into his room and complains he can't sleep. His mother (obviously a guy with a wig) tells him to eat "that stuff, it has pizza in it." He eats it and leaves. The end screen comes up: Combos, what your mom would feed you if your mom were a man.

That had our room cracking up for a while and we were making jokes about that most of the game. ;-D


That is a good one but its not new, I saw that one a few months ago. ;-D
Thought so. Glad I hadn't seen it till then though, it probably made it funnier.

The best new one I saw during the game was the Bud classroom where all the non english speaking students are taught to ask for a bud all over the country. Very funny!


Yeah that one was good too. I still think the Bud Light rock, paper, scissors was my favorite. :-b

Its been said before maybe in another thread but I cant believe Geico didn't run any new caveman commercials, those have to be the best series of commercials in a long time. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:06 pm

Metroid wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SniperShot wrote:One of the best for me came about 20 minutes before kickoff- during the pregame.

A guy walks into his room and complains he can't sleep. His mother (obviously a guy with a wig) tells him to eat "that stuff, it has pizza in it." He eats it and leaves. The end screen comes up: Combos, what your mom would feed you if your mom were a man.

That had our room cracking up for a while and we were making jokes about that most of the game. ;-D


That is a good one but its not new, I saw that one a few months ago. ;-D
Thought so. Glad I hadn't seen it till then though, it probably made it funnier.

The best new one I saw during the game was the Bud classroom where all the non english speaking students are taught to ask for a bud all over the country. Very funny!


Yeah that one was good too. I still think the Bud Light rock, paper, scissors was my favorite. :-b

Its been said before maybe in another thread but I cant believe Geico didn't run any new caveman commercials, those have to be the best series of commercials in a long time. :-?


I agree. Those commercials own all other commercials right now. (minus superbowl ads, although they rival most of those as well.)
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:12 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
Metroid wrote:
SniperShot wrote:One of the best for me came about 20 minutes before kickoff- during the pregame.

A guy walks into his room and complains he can't sleep. His mother (obviously a guy with a wig) tells him to eat "that stuff, it has pizza in it." He eats it and leaves. The end screen comes up: Combos, what your mom would feed you if your mom were a man.

That had our room cracking up for a while and we were making jokes about that most of the game. ;-D


That is a good one but its not new, I saw that one a few months ago. ;-D
Thought so. Glad I hadn't seen it till then though, it probably made it funnier.

The best new one I saw during the game was the Bud classroom where all the non english speaking students are taught to ask for a bud all over the country. Very funny!


Yeah that one was good too. I still think the Bud Light rock, paper, scissors was my favorite. :-b

Its been said before maybe in another thread but I cant believe Geico didn't run any new caveman commercials, those have to be the best series of commercials in a long time. :-?


I agree. Those commercials own all other commercials right now. (minus superbowl ads, although they rival most of those as well.)


I love this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVSmnnqfvc
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 5:21 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact