Who actually watches the halftime show? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who actually watches the halftime show?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who actually watches the halftime show?

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:16 pm

Just wondering cause usually I never watch it. Not a big fan of Prince either.
Image
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5602
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: North of the Border

Postby D3C4K » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:21 pm

I watched it in it's entirety for the first time ever (and I've been around for over 25 Super Bowls), and I have to say Prince brought down the house. Seriously, the NFL should just hand over the halftime show to Prince every year. A jam-packed stadium singing along during a halftime show? That's awesome, even if you're not a Prince fan. ;-D
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1489
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Chicago, Il.

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:21 pm

D3C4K wrote:I watched it in it's entirety for the first time ever (and I've been around for over 25 Super Bowls), and I have to say Prince brought down the house. Seriously, the NFL should just hand over the halftime show to Prince every year. A jam-packed stadium singing along during a halftime show? That's awesome, even if you're not a Prince fan. ;-D


I turned the TV off and logged onto the Cafe because I thought it was going to be horrible. Maybe I should have checked it out :-?
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1266
Joined: 2 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

response

Postby bruuno2 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:24 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
D3C4K wrote:I watched it in it's entirety for the first time ever (and I've been around for over 25 Super Bowls), and I have to say Prince brought down the house. Seriously, the NFL should just hand over the halftime show to Prince every year. A jam-packed stadium singing along during a halftime show? That's awesome, even if you're not a Prince fan. ;-D


I turned the TV off and logged onto the Cafe because I thought it was going to be horrible. Maybe I should have checked it out :-?
Good thing you did. 8-o 8-o
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 343
Joined: 8 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Jersey

Re: response

Postby statsman88 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:26 pm

bruuno2 wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:
D3C4K wrote:I watched it in it's entirety for the first time ever (and I've been around for over 25 Super Bowls), and I have to say Prince brought down the house. Seriously, the NFL should just hand over the halftime show to Prince every year. A jam-packed stadium singing along during a halftime show? That's awesome, even if you're not a Prince fan. ;-D


I turned the TV off and logged onto the Cafe because I thought it was going to be horrible. Maybe I should have checked it out :-?
Good thing you did. 8-o 8-o



Actually, if you like guitar playing, Prince just tore it up on the guitar
Image
statsman88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 407
Joined: 18 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: response

Postby treat24 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:32 pm

statsman88 wrote:
bruuno2 wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:
D3C4K wrote:I watched it in it's entirety for the first time ever (and I've been around for over 25 Super Bowls), and I have to say Prince brought down the house. Seriously, the NFL should just hand over the halftime show to Prince every year. A jam-packed stadium singing along during a halftime show? That's awesome, even if you're not a Prince fan. ;-D


I turned the TV off and logged onto the Cafe because I thought it was going to be horrible. Maybe I should have checked it out :-?
Good thing you did. 8-o 8-o



Actually, if you like guitar playing, Prince just tore it up on the guitar


yeah it was better than i expected... some fan got his guitar... that would be sweet to own...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:43 pm

I went outside to play catch (baseball) with my son. Prince is such a f**. :-P
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Postby FatFoot » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:49 pm

I don't think Prince is actually gay... but I do know that you're a homophobe. That's sad. Why do you care enough about how anyone lives his/her private life to use that kind of terminology?
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3259
Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the Belly of the Beast

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:58 pm

Prince is one of the most talented musicians of our time, he plays many many different instruments and is self taught on all of them. As far as him being gay...uh yeah hes not. Prince married Mayte Garcia, on Valentine's Day, 1996. They had one son, rumored to have been named Gregory. He was born with Pfeiffer syndrome, a rare skull disease and died shortly after birth. Their marriage was annuled in 1998. He and his current wife, Manuela Testolini Nelson, (whom he married in 2001) filed for divorce in May 2006.

I'll prolly get bashed for this but I dig Princes music though that was a pretty poor performance tonight. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:03 pm

Prince just looks so... well, gay. Not saying he is. I have no idea. I just can't stand watching him. If I hadn't been with my family, I would've watched jsut to satisfy my curiosity, but with the whole family in there, I think they turned it over to AFV. :-b

I logged onto the cafe. ;-D


Oh, and so far we have people saying that Prince's music sucks, but he had a great performance tonight and people saying his music rocks, but tonight's performance sucked. :-b 8-o
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:56 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact