Congrats to the Colts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Indianapolis Colts

Congrats to the Colts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Karoz » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:49 am

Lofunzo wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Indianapolis upset the Chiefs, Ravens, and Patriots on their way to the Super Bowl, proving that they deserved to be there. Today, when the big game finally came around, the Colts won in dominating fashion. As everyone who watched the competition knows, the game was not as close as the score suggests.

I don't remember the line for the Indy/Ravens game but Indy must have been favored in the rest.

I am glad for the Colts organization. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dungy retire to spend more time with his family and possibly be a minister or something.

They may have been "favored" but I think it's more along the lines of there being tons of doubters constantly talking about how they wont win those games. If I remember right, most "experts" predicted the Pats to beat the Colts in that game, in fact, I think most "experts", with the exception of the super bowl, predicted the Colts to lose every game in the playoffs.

No one with half a brain would have picked KC over Indy. The others, until the SB, were debatable for various reasons. Personally, I don't think that many people gave the Ravens much of a shot against Indy, either.

Actually, I think that a lot of people picked the Chiefs to beat the Colts, and at the time, it seemed like a very reasonable idea. The Colts had stumbled their way to the end of the regular season, with one of the worst run defenses in the league. Kansas City certainly seemed to have a good chance against Indy.

Analyze the situation carefully. The Colts had stumbled into the playoffs with a recent string of losses, and they had an unfavorable match-up with their 32nd ranked run defense going up against one of the best running backs in the league. I don't think that it was too far fetched of a notion to call the Colts underdogs.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:22 am

Karoz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Indianapolis upset the Chiefs, Ravens, and Patriots on their way to the Super Bowl, proving that they deserved to be there. Today, when the big game finally came around, the Colts won in dominating fashion. As everyone who watched the competition knows, the game was not as close as the score suggests.

I don't remember the line for the Indy/Ravens game but Indy must have been favored in the rest.

I am glad for the Colts organization. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dungy retire to spend more time with his family and possibly be a minister or something.

They may have been "favored" but I think it's more along the lines of there being tons of doubters constantly talking about how they wont win those games. If I remember right, most "experts" predicted the Pats to beat the Colts in that game, in fact, I think most "experts", with the exception of the super bowl, predicted the Colts to lose every game in the playoffs.

No one with half a brain would have picked KC over Indy. The others, until the SB, were debatable for various reasons. Personally, I don't think that many people gave the Ravens much of a shot against Indy, either.

Actually, I think that a lot of people picked the Chiefs to beat the Colts, and at the time, it seemed like a very reasonable idea. The Colts had stumbled their way to the end of the regular season, with one of the worst run defenses in the league. Kansas City certainly seemed to have a good chance against Indy.

Analyze the situation carefully. The Colts had stumbled into the playoffs with a recent string of losses, and they had an unfavorable match-up with their 32nd ranked run defense going up against one of the best running backs in the league. I don't think that it was too far fetched of a notion to call the Colts underdogs.

It was in Indy. I don't see how anyone expected the Chiefs to win.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Warhawk » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:18 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Karoz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Joe Theismann, Sean Salisbury, and Eric Allen picked the Chiefs.

Then again, Allen picked against the Colts in every game this postseason, and Theismann picked against them in every game except the Super Bowl.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:49 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Karoz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Just because you don't "see how anyone expected the Chiefs to win" doesn't mean that people didn't pick them to win. There were plenty of people that picked them to win due to the Colts "terrible" run defense and that playing right into the strength of the KC offense. I'm not sure of the exact amount but I heard plenty of the "Indy will lose this game because of their run defense" mentality.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Indianapolis Colts