Madden 2008 Cover Predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 2008 Cover Predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:43 am

Its got to be an honor, but you'd have to pay me a lot of money to be on the cover of that thing given its history. :-D

Given this new developement I highly doubt the Chargers will be risk getting rid of Turner for fear of an LT injury. :-D
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: LaDainian Tomlinson (LT) is on the Madden Cover of 2008

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:13 am

madaslives911 wrote:
Its offical LaDainian Tomlinson (LT) is on the madden cover of 2008 as anounced on EA Sports.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL

He deserves it but i only hope that nothing bad would happen to him and that he would be able to break the curse. B-)

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Where did you get that info? because they dont release who will be on the cover until later and your link didnt contain that quote.

I checked a couple bigger madden nation boards, which have info before it's released and they have nothing about LT being on the cover.

Show me a real link with your quote because i went through that page head to toe and saw nothing about LT or 2008.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:16 am

Plus it looks like now that peyton won the SB, this might be his year to be on it, because they just had a RB on it last year.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Re: LaDainian Tomlinson (LT) is on the Madden Cover of 2008

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:16 am

Alkaholik wrote:
madaslives911 wrote:
Its offical LaDainian Tomlinson (LT) is on the madden cover of 2008 as anounced on EA Sports.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL

He deserves it but i only hope that nothing bad would happen to him and that he would be able to break the curse. B-)

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Where did you get that info? because they dont release who will be on the cover until later and your link didnt contain that quote.

I checked a couple bigger madden nation boards, which have info before it's released and they have nothing about LT being on the cover.

Show me a real link with your quote because i went through that page head to toe and saw nothing about LT or 2008.

Yeah, it got edited out of the article really fast. You can't trust Wikipedia for things like that. It was all a joke.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:44 am

aaackkk.. sorry abt that... must be that someone hacked Wikepedia or they edited it.. I should have taken a screenshot of it. Sorry. :-/
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:17 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Plus it looks like now that peyton won the SB, this might be his year to be on it, because they just had a RB on it last year.

Peyton has his own game I believe and couldn't be on the cover of Madden. Glad to see this was probably a hoax with LT being on the cover! ;-D
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:23 pm

madaslives911 wrote:

aaackkk.. sorry abt that... must be that someone hacked Wikepedia or they edited it.. I should have taken a screenshot of it. Sorry. :-/

How about editing your title before you give LT2 owners in dynastys a coronary. :-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:26 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:Plus it looks like now that peyton won the SB, this might be his year to be on it, because they just had a RB on it last year.

Peyton has his own game I believe and couldn't be on the cover of Madden. Glad to see this was probably a hoax with LT being on the cover! ;-D

I don't know if Peyton has his own game but I heard he demands a very high payout to be on the cover. Again, this is just what I've heard so take it for what it's worth. But I heard he wants EA to pay him big-time bucks to be the coverboy. Makes sense, why would EA put McNabb on the cover the year after Manning threw for 49 TD passes?

Oh, and I'm disappointed that LT is not the 08 coverboy. I don't own him in any keeper leagues and I doubt I'll be lucky enough to land the #1 spot in my redrafts. Still keeping my fingers crossed. It better not be Frank Gore or Brian Westbrook!!!!
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:03 pm

madaslives911 wrote:here's an interesting/funny photo :*)

That is awesome Madas... ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:54 pm

The obvious choice is Ethan Albright :-b He's the worst rated player in '07. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/13/boom- ... -responds/
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games