Madden 2008 Cover Predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 2008 Cover Predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:22 pm

If I were LT i'd stay as far away from this cover as possible. Whether he's superstitious or not the Madden curse is too real to take any chances, let someone else break it :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:28 pm

I seriously think its going to be a WR this year. Probably Roy Williams, Harrison, Wayne, Andre Johnson, or Holt. Probably not TO because tons of people hate him and probably not CJ because he is on Street 3.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:50 pm

What about a defensive player for the cover say Urlacher or Bob Sanders? Could be an interesting idea ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:33 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:What about a defensive player for the cover say Urlacher or Bob Sanders? Could be an interesting idea ;-D

Yeah, but didn't they just fix the hit stick button 2 years ago? They haven't updated anything for a WR in years.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:42 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:What about a defensive player for the cover say Urlacher or Bob Sanders? Could be an interesting idea ;-D

Yeah, but didn't they just fix the hit stick button 2 years ago? They haven't updated anything for a WR in years.

Exactly. I think it will be a WR as well.

Or they may go with Devin Hester and improve the Special Teams. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:01 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
madaslives911 wrote:here's an interesting/funny photo :*)

That is awesome Madas... ;-D

I wasn't the one who made that... O:-) A friend of mine sent it to me when i asked him about the Madden 08 cover.. :-D
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:34 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

Some are saying that since 2 black coaches bested the white coaches, Madden prolly gonna have a white player/QB on the cover and thus could be Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Tony Romo. ;-7

maybe Madden should consider having a Coach on their cover for a change or maybe one of those Big Busts with the hope that they would be the #1 sleeper. :-D
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:49 pm

madaslives911 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

Some are saying that since 2 black coaches bested the white coaches, Madden prolly gonna have a white player/QB on the cover and thus could be Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Tony Romo. ;-7

maybe Madden should consider having a Coach on their cover for a change or maybe one of those Big Busts with the hope that they would be the #1 sleeper. :-D

They won't do that since they came out with NFL Head Coach.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:56 pm

Maybe it's my uncreative mind but what could you add to the WR position as far as madden. There isn't ever really anything that I wish I could do more with a WR.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:00 am

RWLongy4 wrote:Maybe it's my uncreative mind but what could you add to the WR position as far as madden. There isn't ever really anything that I wish I could do more with a WR.

I would like to see the following:

1. Better hot routes. Like you can create custom routes on the fly (up, up, right on the right thumbstick would equal a deep in route, etc.)

2. I would also like to see some cool options if you want to control the receiver. Like making cuts with the thumbstick, etc.

3. If they continue to use the Superstar mode ( :-P ) then make a cool way to be first-person receiver. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games