Madden 2008 Cover Predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 2008 Cover Predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sox 06 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:29 pm

It won't be LT as SA was on the cover this year. I'm thinking it will be either Peyton or a WR like Chad, Andre or Harrison.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby madaslives911 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:45 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I'm almost certain that Peyton Manning will be on the cover. Guy who is known to choke in the playoffs finally gets his Super Bowl, possibly best QB statistically of all time, media favorite, etc. etc.

relative to the post quoted above, here is an interesting article which i find so very funny: :-D

It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Madden World
By: Andrew Berg

2008: EA Sports finally succumbs to placing Peyton Manning on the cover of their next Madden game, making him the official spokesperson for a majority (251) of the Fortune 500 companies. Due to a little known side-effect of state of the art camera technology, Manning contracts what will soon be known BSD (Britney Spears Disease), an affliction which eats away the part of the brain that controls the impulse to act like a redneck.

Manning promptly grows a bad goatee, starts carrying a cooler full of Old Style and a tin of Grizzly chewing tobacco on the sideline, and wears wife-beater undershirts to all press conferences. Oddly enough, his drawl remains unchanged. Midway through the season, Manning abruptly retires from the NFL to pursue his lifelong dream of racing those pickups that look like stock cars and drive on dirt tracks. In his first race, Manning refuses to use the safety harness that could have saved Dale Earnhardt, or any other safety equipment, for that matter. He dies after crashing head-first into the wall on the first lap, failing to accomplish racing’s one crucial task: turning left. In his stead, Jim Sorgi leads the Colts over the Patriots in the AFC title game because he has tons of clutch in his big bag of intangibles.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:38 pm

HAHA, that's funny. :-b ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:39 pm

Over the past two years, Madden has gone to the trend of the best player from the team that loses the Super Bowl. Shaun Alexander last year, McNabb the year before. If this goes according to plan, it would probably be Brian Urlacher on the cover. Still, with Madden, anything is possible.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:53 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Over the past two years, Madden has gone to the trend of the best player from the team that loses the Super Bowl. Shaun Alexander last year, McNabb the year before. If this goes according to plan, it would probably be Brian Urlacher on the cover. Still, with Madden, anything is possible.
\

True, that's definately something to consider. Madden hasn't put a defensive player on the cover in a while (since Ray Lewis I believe. How long ago was that?)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:43 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Over the past two years, Madden has gone to the trend of the best player from the team that loses the Super Bowl. Shaun Alexander last year, McNabb the year before. If this goes according to plan, it would probably be Brian Urlacher on the cover. Still, with Madden, anything is possible.
\

True, that's definately something to consider. Madden hasn't put a defensive player on the cover in a while (since Ray Lewis I believe. How long ago was that?)

2005. I thought it was longer than that, but it went like this I think:

2005 Ray Lewis: Added Hit Stick
2006 Donovan McNabb: Added QB vision
2007 Shaun Alexander: Added Blocking Controls
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:56 pm

I have a question i've been wondering about. Does John Madden actually give them ideas for the game or have any input besides the commentary?
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:59 pm

confused_jake wrote:I have a question i've been wondering about. Does John Madden actually give them ideas for the game or have any input besides the commentary?

I have no idea, but have wondered as well. If he does have input, it will be Brett on the cover. ;-7 :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby RWLongy4 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:01 pm

confused_jake wrote:I have a question i've been wondering about. Does John Madden actually give them ideas for the game or have any input besides the commentary?

I can't imagine he does (if he did probably not anymore) at this point I'd say the people over at EA know what they are doing when it comes to making football games. At this point it's just a matter of attempting to improve graphics and game play every year neither of which John Madden would have much incite on.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:50 pm

I was watching a video on the making of Madden and they had him commenting and showed him in rooms with testers and stuff. He probably doesn't too much but I definitely think he is somewhat involved.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games