Another Madden thread! (superstar mode) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Another Madden thread! (superstar mode)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another Madden thread! (superstar mode)

Postby Munboy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:23 pm

Anybody play the superstar mode?

I first started playing an OLB, but then created a QB. This was too much like playing a regular game, so I created a WR, Wren McCabe.

My character came from good genes (Pro Bowl WR daddy) and was drafted by the Falcons in the 3rd round. He started as the #2 receiver and made about 500 something yards as I was getting used to controlling a receiver. His second year, he was made #1 receiver and caught nearly 900 yards, went to the pro bowl as a kick returner and won the superbowl.

His third year, I didn't want to stay in Atlanta (hate the falcons :-P ) so I told my agent he wanted out of there. He got 5 offers and one of them (YAY!) was from the Steelers. Of course I jumped all over that. He was #2 behind Ward and caught around 1100 yards and 15 TDs. They went to the superbowl against the Falcons (ironic!). I had a good game with him, but we couldn't run the clock out and they went down the field and scored the go ahead TD with something like 25 seconds left. I was pissed because I really wanted to beat the falcons in the superbowl. But the game isn't over until double zeros are on the board. On the ensueing kickoff, I took my guy and ran the kick off to the house to win the SB!

He's now in his forth year, is the #1 receiver for the Steelers and he just over took Roy Williams as the receiving leader in the league with 1200 yards and 3 games in the season left.

Superstar mode has really made Madden fun for me again. I love playing the player like a real player. I set the controls for all other to cpu, so I can't control the RBs or the defense or anything. Only thing I can control is my player.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:26 pm

I hate superstar mode :-b
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby sox 06 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:35 pm

I loved SS mode for the PS2 (QB for the Cowboys). But SS Mode is J-U-N-K for the 360! :-t :-P The camera angle stinks and it's impossible to do anything.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:53 pm

sox 06 wrote:I loved SS mode for the PS2 (QB for the Cowboys). But SS Mode is J-U-N-K for the 360! :-t :-P The camera angle stinks and it's impossible to do anything.

I agree.

Do you have Xbox live for 360? If so add me ;-D My name is Pensky
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:57 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
sox 06 wrote:I loved SS mode for the PS2 (QB for the Cowboys). But SS Mode is J-U-N-K for the 360! :-t :-P The camera angle stinks and it's impossible to do anything.

I agree.

Do you have Xbox live for 360? If so add me ;-D My name is Pensky

Right now I only have a Silver account, but hopefully I will get Gold sometime soon. Mine is backdoor101. ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:14 pm

Right now I've got a free safety for the Seahawks. He's okay, but I think I'm gonna make a new one.

One odd statistic: I controlled the offense, and at the end of the season, Matt Hasselbeck had 32 touchdown passes. He also had 32 interceptions. :-b :-o I'll have to work on that, although I sorta got it under control in the playoffs.

Fortunately, Shaun Alexander bailed me out by breaking the record for rushing yards in a season. :-b

I know that I'm gonna do all-pro now. Winning all the time isn't really fun. A few losses here and there will make it interesting.

And Madden for PS2 is a million times better than Madden for 360. I cannot stand Madden for 360 at all. :-P
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:23 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
And Madden for PS2 is a million times better than Madden for 360. I cannot stand Madden for 360 at all. :-P

SOOOO true. I hate madden for 360! I'm not a big fan of SS mode, it was interesting when I first did one but I think i'd much rather do a Franchise and manage the whole team.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:05 am

Just got back into SS mode and it's sweet. First guy I ever made was a WR. Not bad but you get the feeling you aren't influencing the game much so I ditched that. Next was RB. It's pretty good but if you don't run a lot it sucks (same with WR but vice versa). With WR sometimes I'll find myself letting them score everytime to keep it close so I can throw. Not really fun.

Finally I decided to go on D. Tried and OLB first but immediately ditched it (can't remember why). Finally settled on SS and it's amazing. Best position. You can move into the box or play coverage, make big hits or get picks. Really, really fun. Plus it doesn't matter what happens on offense, it could be a blowout or you could be losing. Either way, you can play both the run or the pass. ;-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:11 am

I might try SS now. It sounds very good.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 pm

Wanna talk about a bad beat in Madden? :-b

I was up 13 points on the Chargers as a running back for the Steelers with 30 seconds to go. Next thing I know, LT catches a pass and gets it all the way to the 6 before Troy finally catches him. Then on 2nd down, the Chargers go all or nothing with an LT run and he gets in. Extra point is good, so I'm up by 6 with 14 seconds left.

Then the Chargers do the stupidest thing ever and decide to kick it deep. This is with no timeouts and 14 seconds left. Unfortunately for me, my running back is on kickoff blocking so I can't return the kick. Ike Taylor catches it, starts returning, gets hit.... and fumbles. San Diego picks it up and returns it for a touchdown. I'm still ticked. :-# :-#
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Video Games