Another Madden thread! (superstar mode) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Another Madden thread! (superstar mode)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Munboy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:57 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Wanna talk about a bad beat in Madden? :-b

I was up 13 points on the Chargers as a running back for the Steelers with 30 seconds to go. Next thing I know, LT catches a pass and gets it all the way to the 6 before Troy finally catches him. Then on 2nd down, the Chargers go all or nothing with an LT run and he gets in. Extra point is good, so I'm up by 6 with 14 seconds left.

Then the Chargers do the stupidest thing ever and decide to kick it deep. This is with no timeouts and 14 seconds left. Unfortunately for me, my running back is on kickoff blocking so I can't return the kick. Ike Taylor catches it, starts returning, gets hit.... and fumbles. San Diego picks it up and returns it for a touchdown. I'm still ticked. :-# :-#

I get those kinds of games sometimes. I'll go up on teams and they score late because all of the sudden, my DBs can't cover worth jack (I play CPU mode) and then they'll recover an onside kick and go back down the field in the last seconds and I"m like... %-6
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:26 am

On a slightly different note, has anyone ever gotten on the Madden cover? I'm only in my 3rd season so I'm not that far in but I'm wondering about then people have gotten it (if ever)?
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:55 am

bobbing_headz wrote:On a slightly different note, has anyone ever gotten on the Madden cover? I'm only in my 3rd season so I'm not that far in but I'm wondering about then people have gotten it (if ever)?

I think I did...maybe not...it was weird. In my 4th year with my WR, I got something like 1700 yards and 19 TDs and my "webmaster" drew a picture thing for the website for making the cover and I got a messge from him telling me to look, but when I checked my cell, my agent said I didn't make the cover. I was like.. :-?
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:24 am

Super star mode is better on regular Xbox than 360.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Previous

Return to Video Games