Kevin Jones expected to miss time next season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones expected to miss time next season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:42 pm

So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:51 am

I don't know. Adam Schefter is not one to report things lightly. Regardless of what the Raiders say, he's not a rumor monger.

I don't think the Lions will go after a RB in the first round as long as they think KJ is their RB. There's way too much talent out there this offseason to handle the load on a temp basis.

To see who, check out Lung's great article posted here
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:00 am

That's interesting, I've heard from numerous sources that KJ is not expected to be back on time but maybe that's all rooted in Schefter? Either way i'm keeping optimistic, whether KJ misses time or not, I would not mind having AP on the roster.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:28 am

When KJ got injured and they found out the injury they said it would take at least a full year from the time of the injury to be ready to play, this doesn't surprise me and was the reason i could see the Lions taking AD.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:44 am

deerayfan072 wrote:When KJ got injured and they found out the injury they said it would take at least a full year from the time of the injury to be ready to play, this doesn't surprise me and was the reason i could see the Lions taking AD.

Yeah I also remember them saying when they originally diagnosed the injury that he would be missing time next season and it could be possibly career threatening.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:01 am

Here is the report from MLive.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:23 am

Get the Calvin Johnson jersey's ready :-b
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:10 pm

If they draft Adrian Peterson, maybe between he and Kevin Jones they could get a full 16 games. Drafting AP that high would be a huge mistake IMHO. They need to either go Quinn or Joe Thomas. They can find a servicable RB to play until KJ is healthy again. No need to waste the #2 overall pick on another RB.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:42 pm

bagobonez wrote:If they draft Adrian Peterson, maybe between he and Kevin Jones they could get a full 16 games. Drafting AP that high would be a huge mistake IMHO. They need to either go Quinn or Joe Thomas. They can find a servicable RB to play until KJ is healthy again. No need to waste the #2 overall pick on another RB.

Agreed. No need to take a RB that high. If they wanted to do that they should trade down and grab picks.

With regard to Quinn...taking him would be a mistake. That line isn't good enough for him. Joe Thomas is the pick to make.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:35 pm

IMO when you draft in the first 10 picks it should be best player available no matter what. So the first picks should be

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk