Kevin Jones expected to miss time next season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones expected to miss time next season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:53 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:IMO when you draft in the first 10 picks it should be best player available no matter what. So the first picks should be

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

I agree with you about 50%. Last year, the Texans should have not passed up on Bush. That was the biggest mistake ever, IMO.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:IMO when you draft in the first 10 picks it should be best player available no matter what. So the first picks should be

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

I agree with you about 50%. Last year, the Texans should have not passed up on Bush. That was the biggest mistake ever, IMO.

That is true
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:36 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

That is true

Because in one year after you can really effectively evaluate how well a team drafted? Bush may prove they should've taken him, or Mario Williams may turn into the guy worthy of forgoing Bush, you can't decide that based off their rookie seasons.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:41 pm

maddog60 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

That is true

Because in one year after you can really effectively evaluate how well a team drafted? Bush may prove they should've taken him, or Mario Williams may turn into the guy worthy of forgoing Bush, you can't decide that based off their rookie seasons.

I agree that IMO you need to wait 3 years before judging a draft, i think it was a mistake to not take the best player on the board
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:54 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

Hindsight is always 20-20... When the Texans passed on Bush they thought they had a young, solid Domanick Davis in the backfield. I agree that the best player on the board needs to be heavily considered but you wouldn't think twice about passing up the best QB in the draft if you had Peyton or Brady on your roster.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kilroy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:16 am

I don't think this alters Detroit's draft strategy much if at all, in that this news isn't exactly a surprise.

Of course, we're talking about Millen, so I probably shouldn't be tossing around terminology like "strategy".

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:51 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:I don't think this alters Detroit's draft strategy much if at all, in that this news isn't exactly a surprise.

Of course, we're talking about Millen, so I probably shouldn't be tossing around terminology like "strategy".

Hey now, Millen has strategy... It just happens to be bad. :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:08 am

deerayfan072 wrote:I agree that IMO you need to wait 3 years before judging a draft, i think it was a mistake to not take the best player on the board

At some point need has to factor in, at they did have dominick davis healthy at the time. Also, Mario Williams was the collective 2nd best player overall, so even if it was a mistake, its not like they made the colossal blunder every analyst and announcer has made it out to be any time Bush has had a run over 5 yards.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:09 am

maddog60 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I agree that IMO you need to wait 3 years before judging a draft, i think it was a mistake to not take the best player on the board

At some point need has to factor in, at they did have dominick davis healthy at the time. Also, Mario Williams was the collective 2nd best player overall, so even if it was a mistake, its not like they made the colossal blunder every analyst and announcer has made it out to be any time Bush has had a run over 5 yards.

i think it became magnified when they lost Davis and they had to rotate backs
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:42 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

i think it became magnified when they lost Davis and they had to rotate backs

Yes....but would Reggie Bush have had the same success in Houston that he did in New Orleans? Would he have gotten hurt because they would have needed to use him more? Big questions but the kind that are easy to forget when looking at the success Bush had and how Williams struggled for a good amount of the season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk