Kevin Jones expected to miss time next season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones expected to miss time next season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:53 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:IMO when you draft in the first 10 picks it should be best player available no matter what. So the first picks should be

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

I agree with you about 50%. Last year, the Texans should have not passed up on Bush. That was the biggest mistake ever, IMO.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6204
(Past Year: 69)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:IMO when you draft in the first 10 picks it should be best player available no matter what. So the first picks should be

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

I agree with you about 50%. Last year, the Texans should have not passed up on Bush. That was the biggest mistake ever, IMO.


That is true
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:36 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:IMO when you draft in the first 10 picks it should be best player available no matter what. So the first picks should be

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

I agree with you about 50%. Last year, the Texans should have not passed up on Bush. That was the biggest mistake ever, IMO.


That is true


Because in one year after you can really effectively evaluate how well a team drafted? Bush may prove they should've taken him, or Mario Williams may turn into the guy worthy of forgoing Bush, you can't decide that based off their rookie seasons.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:41 pm

maddog60 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:IMO when you draft in the first 10 picks it should be best player available no matter what. So the first picks should be

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

I agree with you about 50%. Last year, the Texans should have not passed up on Bush. That was the biggest mistake ever, IMO.


That is true


Because in one year after you can really effectively evaluate how well a team drafted? Bush may prove they should've taken him, or Mario Williams may turn into the guy worthy of forgoing Bush, you can't decide that based off their rookie seasons.


I agree that IMO you need to wait 3 years before judging a draft, i think it was a mistake to not take the best player on the board
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:54 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:IMO when you draft in the first 10 picks it should be best player available no matter what. So the first picks should be

Calvin Johnson
AD
Joe Thomas

Just how i would do it

I agree with you about 50%. Last year, the Texans should have not passed up on Bush. That was the biggest mistake ever, IMO.


Hindsight is always 20-20... When the Texans passed on Bush they thought they had a young, solid Domanick Davis in the backfield. I agree that the best player on the board needs to be heavily considered but you wouldn't think twice about passing up the best QB in the draft if you had Peyton or Brady on your roster.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3118
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami University (OH)

Postby Kilroy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:16 am

I don't think this alters Detroit's draft strategy much if at all, in that this news isn't exactly a surprise.

Of course, we're talking about Millen, so I probably shouldn't be tossing around terminology like "strategy".
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:51 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:I don't think this alters Detroit's draft strategy much if at all, in that this news isn't exactly a surprise.

Of course, we're talking about Millen, so I probably shouldn't be tossing around terminology like "strategy".


Hey now, Millen has strategy... It just happens to be bad. :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3118
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami University (OH)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:08 am

deerayfan072 wrote:I agree that IMO you need to wait 3 years before judging a draft, i think it was a mistake to not take the best player on the board


At some point need has to factor in, at they did have dominick davis healthy at the time. Also, Mario Williams was the collective 2nd best player overall, so even if it was a mistake, its not like they made the colossal blunder every analyst and announcer has made it out to be any time Bush has had a run over 5 yards.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:09 am

maddog60 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I agree that IMO you need to wait 3 years before judging a draft, i think it was a mistake to not take the best player on the board


At some point need has to factor in, at they did have dominick davis healthy at the time. Also, Mario Williams was the collective 2nd best player overall, so even if it was a mistake, its not like they made the colossal blunder every analyst and announcer has made it out to be any time Bush has had a run over 5 yards.


i think it became magnified when they lost Davis and they had to rotate backs
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:42 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I agree that IMO you need to wait 3 years before judging a draft, i think it was a mistake to not take the best player on the board


At some point need has to factor in, at they did have dominick davis healthy at the time. Also, Mario Williams was the collective 2nd best player overall, so even if it was a mistake, its not like they made the colossal blunder every analyst and announcer has made it out to be any time Bush has had a run over 5 yards.


i think it became magnified when they lost Davis and they had to rotate backs


Yes....but would Reggie Bush have had the same success in Houston that he did in New Orleans? Would he have gotten hurt because they would have needed to use him more? Big questions but the kind that are easy to forget when looking at the success Bush had and how Williams struggled for a good amount of the season.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:10 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact