Give me 1 player the Pack should sign or draft 4 this yr - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Give me 1 player the Pack should sign or draft 4 this yr

Moderator: Football Moderators

Give me 1 player the Pack should sign or draft 4 this yr

Postby GreenBay4Life » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:36 pm

I would like them to sign Eric Johnson a FA te from san fran. I think he would be a solid fit for the system and farve loves pass catching te's. only problem is him staying healthy but is they can just use him on passing plays i think he might be able to finish a season. Now you give me another player they should add...

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:06 pm

Hard to say yet.

I would like to see them draft Lynch. I think he will be there at the 16th overall pick, and could have an immediate impact.

As for Free agents, I would like to see what Safties might become available. Every year some big names get cut to free up cap space, and the pack have alot of room to sign a big name in that department. They need some speed and depth in the secondary. We will see who might become available. Here is a couple guys I wouldnt mind seeing in the green and gold next season.
Ken Hamlin
Jordan Babineaux
Micheal Lewis

I would also like to see a big guy brought in at DT, someone to stop the run. The pack were pretty bad against the run this year, it needs to improve.

One other move I would like to see, but probably isnt likely is for the pack to pursue a trade for David Carr. It would have been more likely if favre left, but i like car for the future if they could pull it off.

I also wouldnt be overly upset to see randy moss come in for a year or 2 while we still have favre. Put moss on the Pack, and favre becomes a top 8 fantasy QB

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:48 am

thats funny you mentioned david carr bc ive been thinking the pack should trade for him over the past month. However i dont see it happening bc they have money for carr, rodgers, and favre plus i cant see carr waiting to sit on the bench for a yr or 2. yet if favre didnt come back this yr i think the pack would think about trading for carr.

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:38 pm

yeah, I think Carr could have a great future with green bay, but with favre coming back, its not happening. Ive been thinking he would look good in GB ever since rumors started that he might be traded this offseason.

Just heard a rumor though, that if the ravens dont franchise Adalius Thomas, GB plans to make signing him a top priority. The only thing with that, is I felt that our LBs were actually the best part of our Defense. Hawk is a stud, barnett is solid, and Popinga really came on and looked good this season. Thomas is an OLB, so if they brought him in, my only guess is that he would replace popinga.
I like thomas, but he will be expensive, and I think the pack have more pressing needs than at LB this offseason.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:00 pm

I heard the same rumor about Thomas, but that we would move him to DE. Thomas can play DT, DE, all the LB spots, SS and even lined up once against chad johnson and jammed him at the line. He'd be a great addition to any defense.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GreenBay4Life » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:01 pm

Yea from what im hearing is Thomas is Green Bay top free agent if he become availible. Look for them to cut KGB if they sign him. KGB counts for 6mil+ on the cap this yr and jenkins starts over him on running downs.

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby oczindian03 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:11 pm

Am I the only one who thinks poppinga is way too undersized to be playing strongside LB? I think they should move barnett to his spot and put hodge in the middle. Any thoughts?
oczindian03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GreenBay4Life » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:54 pm

i find it to sit hodge for another season. interesting dilemma the packers have at LB.

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreenBay4Life » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:59 pm

With Samuels franchised that makes us 1 step closer to having a chance to sign Dan Graham.

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kutchena » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:11 am

I'd like to see the Packers trade up in some sort of deal to acquire the draft rights to Brady Quinn. I think he'd be a pretty good bet to be our QB of the future, and I don't see much on the horizon for 2008 Draft at QB.
Like some have said, the Packers have the personnel to be firmly in charge of the division in a couple of years. We need to find ourselves that Franchise QB of the future pretty soon. Someone that instills more confidence in the direction our offense is going than Aaron Rodgers.
"Once a man, twice a child." - Bob Marley
kutchena
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Green Bay Packers