Give me 1 player the Pack should sign or draft 4 this yr - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Give me 1 player the Pack should sign or draft 4 this yr

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kutchena » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:13 am

oczindian03 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks poppinga is way too undersized to be playing strongside LB? I think they should move barnett to his spot and put hodge in the middle. Any thoughts?

agree with you on that. I think that Hodge needs to have an everydown role in that defense. I think the linebacking corps is set and they just need to get more experience to Hawk, Hodge and Barnett...
"Once a man, twice a child." - Bob Marley
kutchena
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dgan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:33 am

kutchena wrote:I'd like to see the Packers trade up in some sort of deal to acquire the draft rights to Brady Quinn. I think he'd be a pretty good bet to be our QB of the future, and I don't see much on the horizon for 2008 Draft at QB.
Like some have said, the Packers have the personnel to be firmly in charge of the division in a couple of years. We need to find ourselves that Franchise QB of the future pretty soon. Someone that instills more confidence in the direction our offense is going than Aaron Rodgers.

Quinn hasn't showed that he's any better than Rodgers. Sure, he can pick apart poor defenses. But he's played poorly against top competition, which is what he'll face every week in the NFL. No way do we trade up to get someone who is not going to help this year, and is just as much of a question mark. Too many other holes to fill.

About the linebackers...I like where we're at with Barnett playing a solid all around game now, and Hawk with his rookie mistakes behind him. We play so much nickel, I think Poppinga is serviceable, although I'd like to upgrade if possible.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Green Bay Packers