Path to the Draft (Tonight) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Path to the Draft (Tonight)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Path to the Draft (Tonight)

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:13 pm

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9992325

Mayock, Davis taking fans down the Path To The Draft in new 50-episode series

(Feb. 12, 2007) -- Tonight, NFL Network debuts Path to the Draft, a 30-minute nightly studio show at 6:30 p.m. ET providing viewers in-depth analysis on prospective draft choices, plus breakdowns of each team's needs.

The new 50-episode series features renowned NFL draft guru and college football analyst Mike Mayock and college football expert Charles Davis alongside host Paul Burmeister.

From the first pick in the 2007 NFL Draft to "Mr. Irrelevant" (the final choice), don't be surprised by the names selected.

NFL Network is the place where football season never ends and from last month's exclusive coverage of the Senior Bowl to the upcoming Scouting Combine and NFL Draft, there is no better place on television to keep abreast of all the news and information relating to how each of the 32 teams are preparing for the 2007 season.

To kick off the 50-part series, Path to the Draft takes a detailed look at the offensive prospects from Monday, Feb. 12 through Friday, Feb. 16 (all times 6:30 p.m. ET).

Monday -- Quarterbacks
Tuesday -- Running Backs
Wednesday -- Wide Receivers
Thursday -- Tight Ends
Friday -- Offensive Linemen
In the debut episode, former Titans general manager Floyd Reese and Cowboys Pro Bowl quarterback Tony Romo will be in studio to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of each quarterback prospect, including JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn and Troy Smith.

Path to the Draft will continues with special live shows from the 2007 NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis on Thursday, Feb. 22, and Friday, Feb. 23.

Path to the Draft will resume its regular weeknight schedule on Thursday, March 1, to coincide with the start of free agency, and continue right up until the 2007 NFL Draft on April 28-29.

Path to the Draft also features interviews with NFL head coaches, general managers, and guest analysts dissecting potential NFL prospects and providing insight into which players best suit each team's needs.

Using coaching tape, along with exclusive Senior Bowl, NFL Scouting Combine and Pro Day workout footage, Path to the Draft provides the most comprehensive coverage of the 2007 crop of NFL rookies.

NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the first television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For more information, log onto http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/home.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:21 pm

And i can't watch it b/c not NFL Network :-t
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:51 pm

I'm glad I'm one of the lucky few with the NFL Network. ;-D
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:55 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:I'm glad I'm one of the lucky few with the NFL Network. ;-D

few is right
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreenBay4Life » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:58 pm

this cable feud is total crap. I use to have directtv and the network was probably on 6hrs daily now im stuck with crappy cable and no football to watch during the off season.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:10 pm

GreenBay4Life wrote:this cable feud is total crap. I use to have directtv and the network was probably on 6hrs daily now im stuck with crappy cable and no football to watch during the off season.

I hear that. Why can't cable just give in? I don't think they realize how popular it wou;d be if they did. Is the draft only on NFLN this year?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby mrblitz » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:19 pm

This is awesome news. I finally have something before the Combine to watch, and study. Mayock rules! :-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:20 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
GreenBay4Life wrote:this cable feud is total crap. I use to have directtv and the network was probably on 6hrs daily now im stuck with crappy cable and no football to watch during the off season.

I hear that. Why can't cable just give in? I don't think they realize how popular it wou;d be if they did. Is the draft only on NFLN this year?

I doubt it, I can't see the Draft leaving ESPN airwaves.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:37 pm

Anybody watch this last night? I had to work so I couldn't but I'll be watching it tonight since it is on RB's (I think). I'm just curious as to your thoughts on it before I watch it myself.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Keyser_WV » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:18 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:

I got lucky. Late last year my cable company added NFL Network to it's basic Plus package. I didn't even have to pay any extra to get it.

I wonder why a small cable company like Blue Ridge Communications would do this but some of the bigger cable networks aren't adding it?

It is nice to have in the offseason and I think Adam Schefter is one of the best information guys out there.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk