Path to the Draft (Tonight) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Path to the Draft (Tonight)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:49 pm

ugh it sounds awesome, wish I had NFL Network here in my dorm room, like I do at home....
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:16 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Anybody watch this last night? I had to work so I couldn't but I'll be watching it tonight since it is on RB's (I think). I'm just curious as to your thoughts on it before I watch it myself.

Mayock broke down Russell and Quinn last night. He shows lot's of coaching videotape. He has Russell #1 but said Quinn is not far behind him.

I didn't see the RB one yet tonight. It's being replayed in about an hour.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:09 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:ugh it sounds awesome, wish I had NFL Network here in my dorm room, like I do at home....

We have it in our dorm room, nice to kick back after a long day and watch Total Access reruns and America's game on a 52' screen. It\s pretty sweet living with 3 other guys who love football as much as I do and are willing to make strides to watch it in all its glory.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:43 am

CC wrote:We have it in our dorm room, nice to kick back after a long day and watch Total Access reruns and America's game on a 52' screen. It\s pretty sweet living with 3 other guys who love football as much as I do and are willing to make strides to watch it in all its glory.

what school do you go to?

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:11 pm

Tonight's show featured WRs, including Calvin Johnson, and all signs point to him ending up in Tampa Bay. if that were the case, he'd certainly be the #3 if not the #2 WR on the depth chart, and I wouldn't hesitate to target him with a 7th or even 6th round pick in re-draft leagues next year.

Tomorrow's (Thursday 2/15) show will feature tight ends, and the Friday show will cover offensive lineman - expect a lot of coverage of mammoth tackle Joe Thomas from Wisconsin. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:42 pm

You think CJ will fall to the 7th in most redrafts? I would probably target him early 6th, depending on how my team looks, but if the times being reported for him are true, the kid is even more of a monster than I thought.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:19 am

I'd like to grab him in my first year dynasty leauge if possible. How high should I be willing to go with him? Say he ends up in TB and gets to start right away, would he then justify a 6th round pick?
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gnu314 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:39 am

jake_twothousandfive wrote:I'd like to grab him in my first year dynasty leauge if possible. How high should I be willing to go with him? Say he ends up in TB and gets to start right away, would he then justify a 6th round pick?

In Dynasty? He won't be around that long. I'ed guess mid 4th to early fifth at best. We're talking about a guy that potentially has the best of every tangible WR skill.

If he runs a sub 4.4 40 at the combine/workout day his dynasty stock will be through the roof.

If you were doing Rook only, at this point I don't think he'll last past 1.02.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:44 am

Gnu314 wrote:
jake_twothousandfive wrote:I'd like to grab him in my first year dynasty leauge if possible. How high should I be willing to go with him? Say he ends up in TB and gets to start right away, would he then justify a 6th round pick?

In Dynasty? He won't be around that long. I'ed guess mid 4th to early fifth at best. We're talking about a guy that potentially has the best of every tangible WR skill.

If he runs a sub 4.4 40 at the combine/workout day his dynasty stock will be through the roof.

If you were doing Rook only, at this point I don't think he'll last past 1.02.

No this isn't just rookies, everyone is still on the board. So you're saying that I could draft him with my 4th pick (which would be the 42nd overall) and be alright?
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:50 pm

Path to the Draft will continue with special live shows from the 2007 NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis on Thursday, Feb. 22, and Friday, Feb. 23 at 6:30 p.m. ET.

Immediately following that, NFL Total Access is on location from the Scouting Combine with news, analysis and interviews at 7 p.m. ET. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk