San Diego Chargers fire Marty Schottenheimer. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

San Diego Chargers fire Marty Schottenheimer.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Munboy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Munboy wrote:Soooo....did SD wait until all other teams hired their HC before axing Shotty for a reason? :-t

Does stupidity count as a "reason"? :-?

If so, then yep, they had one.

The correct answer would be...They didnt want him coaching on another team, at least not this year.

I think that is partly right, but they also screwed themselves, and from what i am hearing the SD players, especially LT, are pissed
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:11 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Munboy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Munboy wrote:Soooo....did SD wait until all other teams hired their HC before axing Shotty for a reason? :-t

The correct answer would be...They didnt want him coaching on another team, at least not this year.

I think that is partly right, but they also screwed themselves, and from what i am hearing the SD players, especially LT, are pissed

I'd be pissed too if they just up and fired my coach...especially one who helped turn a loser franchise around.

But I guess it was a long time coming. Shotty and the owner locked horns a bit over the level of power Shotty had. Shotty wanted to be GM too and I guess they weren't willing to give that much power over a team to one person.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby madaslives911 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:14 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Munboy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

Yes they are pissed coz they thought management acted a little too late as Marty should have been fired right after the Patriots beat them. :-D With that loss, the Chargers let go of a rare opportunity of being the SUperbowl Champion. They had a very good offense and an awesome defense. They have the Superstar LT and a platoon of very good talented players. Something has to give. 14-2 means nothing if the ultimate goal of delivery a Superbowl has not materialized. Was well within their reach and it slipped away.. Marty really has to go... Sad but the Chargers have to move on.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:27 pm

madaslives911 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Munboy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

Yes they are pissed coz they thought management acted a little too late as Marty should have been fired right after the Patriots beat them. :-D With that loss, the Chargers let go of a rare opportunity of being the SUperbowl Champion. They had a very good offense and an awesome defense. They have the Superstar LT and a platoon of very good talented players. Something has to give. 14-2 means nothing if the ultimate goal of delivery a Superbowl has not materialized. Was well within their reach and it slipped away.. Marty really has to go... Sad but the Chargers have to move on.

Whether or not you believe that Marty needed to go it's hard to argue the fact that the Chargers did a p**s-poor job of handling it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:34 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
madaslives911 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Munboy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

Whether or not you believe that Marty needed to go it's hard to argue the fact that the Chargers did a p**s-poor job of handling it.

i don't think you can argue intelligently that they did not do a bad job
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Rumors around the Browns are that Lerner is looking at Schottenheimer and may fire Crennel to get him now.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kilroy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Rumors around the Browns are that Lerner is looking at Schottenheimer and may fire Crennel to get him now.

Sure, why the h**l not? Marty hasn't emotionally scarred Browns fans nearly enough yet.

His decision to use a "prevent" defense contributed as much to "The Drive" as a certain horse-faced rat-b*****d quarterback.

:-P

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:19 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Rumors around the Browns are that Lerner is looking at Schottenheimer and may fire Crennel to get him now.

Sure, why the h**l not? Marty hasn't emotionally scarred Browns fans nearly enough yet.

His decision to use a "prevent" defense contributed as much to "The Drive" as a certain horse-faced rat-b*****d quarterback.

What would you prefer, the playoffs but losing or what the Browns have now?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kilroy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:42 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

The playoffs obviously, but I don't know that Marty's the guy to get us there. Give Crennel one more year and if there's not significant improvement can him and make a run at Cowher.

Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:57 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

The playoffs obviously, but I don't know that Marty's the guy to get us there. Give Crennel one more year and if there's not significant improvement can him and make a run at Cowher.

i like Crennel and i think given time he could do well, but Lerner knows nothing about football and i could see him doing this just b/c he thinks Marty is better
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk