Bye Bye Jamal Lewis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bye Bye Jamal Lewis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:10 am

bigGAME101 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
bigGAME101 wrote:Anyone think that the Ravens would pursue Michael Bush in the draft should Jamal actually leave? He reminds me a bit of Jamal when he came out back in the day, except Bush has much better pass-cathing ability. I think Bush's value lies near the end of the first round too. Just a thought.

Bush is projected to go into the second maybe 3rd round. I think with Smith and Anderson they are fine.

I don't understand why you say Bush is projected to go from the second to third round. He is a first round prospect who at this point is probably a high second round pick due to a concerning injury. If he shows that he is fully recovered from his broken leg he will jump into the first round. He has the type of physical tools that will only improve his stock come the combine. He is a better prospect than Lynch IMO.

you just answered yourself, projected at this time to be a second to 3rd round pick
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigGAME101 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:25 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
bigGAME101 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
bigGAME101 wrote:Anyone think that the Ravens would pursue Michael Bush in the draft should Jamal actually leave? He reminds me a bit of Jamal when he came out back in the day, except Bush has much better pass-cathing ability. I think Bush's value lies near the end of the first round too. Just a thought.

Bush is projected to go into the second maybe 3rd round. I think with Smith and Anderson they are fine.

I don't understand why you say Bush is projected to go from the second to third round. He is a first round prospect who at this point is probably a high second round pick due to a concerning injury. If he shows that he is fully recovered from his broken leg he will jump into the first round. He has the type of physical tools that will only improve his stock come the combine. He is a better prospect than Lynch IMO.

you just answered yourself, projected at this time to be a second to 3rd round pick

That wasn't the point though. You said a second-to-third round pick. How often has a potential third round pick vaulted himself into the first round? I'm using foresight here to say that he will likely be a first-round pick, and with that in mind he could be available to the Ravens. I have seen no credible sites that have him as a third round pick. Saying that a borderline first-second round pick can be a first round pick is one thing; a second-third round pick is like saying he can't. He was a top-10 prospect coming into this year. Someone in need of an RB at the end of the first round will likely take him, since he is far and away the best back after Lynch (at least). If the Ravens let Jamal go, and Bush is there, it is a possibility is what I'm saying.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:19 am

bigGAME101 wrote:[Bush] is far and away the best back after Lynch (at least).

8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:31 am

BigGame, you seem to have some unexplainable man crush on Bush,you've posted in at least 3 different threads saying how amazing he is. He's good, sure, but he could just as well end up being a bust in the NFL.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bigGAME101 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:43 pm

eman wrote:BigGame, you seem to have some unexplainable man crush on Bush,you've posted in at least 3 different threads saying how amazing he is. He's good, sure, but he could just as well end up being a bust in the NFL.

I cannot refute said man-love. :-)

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:39 pm

How about the Jets? I doubt they will want another season of Barlow/Washington/Houston
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk