Rotoworld just posted this about Calvin Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Rotoworld just posted this about Calvin Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Big Daddy wrote:If i was Raider management, i would be pushing for a Randy Moss to Green Bay for a 2nd round draft pick. I would then bring Jake Plummer in when the Broncos have to release him before his signing bonus is due. I would select Calvin Johnson with the #1 pick, and grab Troy Smith or Drew Stanton with the second round pick, and groom them for a year or two under Plummer.

Thats my thoughts, and I am not even a Raider fan.


That sounds almost perfect. The only problem with it is that they need an offensive line BAD! 8-o
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:18 pm

greenbay isnt going to give up a 2nd rder for moss im hearing conditional pick at best for him bc his cap number is so high. I like the Plummer idea though didnt even think of that. I think moss needs to be gone though for them to do this bc he is a cancer in Oak and i cant see them letting moss tutor the rookie.
Image

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 530
Joined: 11 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Brett Favre's Farm

Postby Big Daddy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:37 pm

GreenBay4Life wrote:greenbay isnt going to give up a 2nd rder for moss im hearing conditional pick at best for him bc his cap number is so high. I like the Plummer idea though didnt even think of that. I think moss needs to be gone though for them to do this bc he is a cancer in Oak and i cant see them letting moss tutor the rookie.


good point, but I didnt see where Woodson deserved the contract he got from them, so with favre on his last hurah, they might be dumb enough to do it. Maybe even a 3rd round pick could land him.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Big Daddy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 448
Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bravos of Steel » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:41 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wow, if these #'s are true, I can't see why Oakland would pass up on him...that would be ridiculous.


Yea, and Houston won't pass up Reggie Bush either ;-7 :-b
Image
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3050
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm that crunch berry under the fridge

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:16 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wow, if these #'s are true, I can't see why Oakland would pass up on him...that would be ridiculous.


Not ridiculous, ludicrous. :-b
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:22 pm

Those are outstanding numbers. But I try not to get "too", involved in them. Case in point. Does anyone remember when Rex Grossman showed off before the NFL Draft, by throwing the ball 60 yards on his knees. It was very impressive, but obviously hasn't helped him too much in the real games.
Image


Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 12770
Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Having a coffee at the fantasy cafe.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:26 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wow, if these #'s are true, I can't see why Oakland would pass up on him...that would be ridiculous.


Not ridiculous, ludicrous. :-b


I think that only works in GT. :-?

Who knows, Met might come out of his little hidey-hole and see this, but I doubt it. :-b
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:27 pm

mrblitz wrote:Those are outstanding numbers. But I try not to get "too", involved in them. Case in point. Does anyone remember when Rex Grossman showed off before the NFL Draft, by throwing the ball 60 yards on his knees. It was very impressive, but obviously hasn't helped him too much in the real games.


Yeah, but that's kind of an odd thing to say you can do. The number presented in the first post are generally accepted benchmarks.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby mattb47 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:34 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Those are outstanding numbers. But I try not to get "too", involved in them. Case in point. Does anyone remember when Rex Grossman showed off before the NFL Draft, by throwing the ball 60 yards on his knees. It was very impressive, but obviously hasn't helped him too much in the real games.


Yeah, but that's kind of an odd thing to say you can do. The number presented in the first post are generally accepted benchmarks.


Yea....and also those are two completely different positions. The physical ability of a WR to be as athletic as CJ comes into play a lot more than if a QB can throw it far on his knees. You can't teach speed and jumping ability, and combine that with his great hands and you've got yourself one heck of a WR.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lushmd » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm

mattb47 wrote:The physical ability of a WR to be as athletic as CJ comes into play a lot more than if a QB can throw it far on his knees...


Unless you happen to be David Carr...
lushmd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 342
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:24 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact