Rotoworld just posted this about Calvin Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rotoworld just posted this about Calvin Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Big Daddy wrote:If i was Raider management, i would be pushing for a Randy Moss to Green Bay for a 2nd round draft pick. I would then bring Jake Plummer in when the Broncos have to release him before his signing bonus is due. I would select Calvin Johnson with the #1 pick, and grab Troy Smith or Drew Stanton with the second round pick, and groom them for a year or two under Plummer.

Thats my thoughts, and I am not even a Raider fan.

That sounds almost perfect. The only problem with it is that they need an offensive line BAD! 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:18 pm

greenbay isnt going to give up a 2nd rder for moss im hearing conditional pick at best for him bc his cap number is so high. I like the Plummer idea though didnt even think of that. I think moss needs to be gone though for them to do this bc he is a cancer in Oak and i cant see them letting moss tutor the rookie.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Big Daddy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:37 pm

GreenBay4Life wrote:greenbay isnt going to give up a 2nd rder for moss im hearing conditional pick at best for him bc his cap number is so high. I like the Plummer idea though didnt even think of that. I think moss needs to be gone though for them to do this bc he is a cancer in Oak and i cant see them letting moss tutor the rookie.

good point, but I didnt see where Woodson deserved the contract he got from them, so with favre on his last hurah, they might be dumb enough to do it. Maybe even a 3rd round pick could land him.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Big Daddy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bravos of Steel » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:41 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wow, if these #'s are true, I can't see why Oakland would pass up on him...that would be ridiculous.

Yea, and Houston won't pass up Reggie Bush either ;-7 :-b
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:16 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wow, if these #'s are true, I can't see why Oakland would pass up on him...that would be ridiculous.

Not ridiculous, ludicrous. :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mrblitz » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:22 pm

Those are outstanding numbers. But I try not to get "too", involved in them. Case in point. Does anyone remember when Rex Grossman showed off before the NFL Draft, by throwing the ball 60 yards on his knees. It was very impressive, but obviously hasn't helped him too much in the real games.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:26 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:

Not ridiculous, ludicrous. :-b

I think that only works in GT. :-?

Who knows, Met might come out of his little hidey-hole and see this, but I doubt it. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:27 pm

mrblitz wrote:Those are outstanding numbers. But I try not to get "too", involved in them. Case in point. Does anyone remember when Rex Grossman showed off before the NFL Draft, by throwing the ball 60 yards on his knees. It was very impressive, but obviously hasn't helped him too much in the real games.

Yeah, but that's kind of an odd thing to say you can do. The number presented in the first post are generally accepted benchmarks.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mattb47 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:34 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Those are outstanding numbers. But I try not to get "too", involved in them. Case in point. Does anyone remember when Rex Grossman showed off before the NFL Draft, by throwing the ball 60 yards on his knees. It was very impressive, but obviously hasn't helped him too much in the real games.

Yeah, but that's kind of an odd thing to say you can do. The number presented in the first post are generally accepted benchmarks.

Yea....and also those are two completely different positions. The physical ability of a WR to be as athletic as CJ comes into play a lot more than if a QB can throw it far on his knees. You can't teach speed and jumping ability, and combine that with his great hands and you've got yourself one heck of a WR.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby lushmd » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm

mattb47 wrote:The physical ability of a WR to be as athletic as CJ comes into play a lot more than if a QB can throw it far on his knees...

Unless you happen to be David Carr...
lushmd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk