Cafe thoughts on these WR's in 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe thoughts on these WR's in 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cafe thoughts on these WR's in 2007

Postby Smizzy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:53 pm

B.Berrian CHI
V.Jackson SD
J.Cotchery NYJ
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:37 pm

There's no apostrophe in WRs.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SniperShot » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Who gives a crud about apostrophes.

I think Jackson will have the best year as the #1 WR in SD next year.
I can see Berrian being overvalued next year after his good year that seemed to come out of nowhere this year. I don't see him having as good a year next year but some of this depends on who will be QBing the Bears. They really should bring in another QB to give Rex a true test and make him work for the job. But assuming Rex is the Bears QB next year I would put BB behind the other two.

Cotchery is a wildcard in my book. I think he will really shine in his NFL career but as for 2007? Coles is starting to get a little older and Cotchery really did get alot of looks last year and made some huge plays one really long TD in the playoffs too. He's a great playmaker with very nice speed. Although if he's still the #2 WR I'd put him behind Jackson but he should match if not exceed his 2006 numbers in 2007.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Kilroy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:36 pm

Considering the state of utter chaos that the Chargers' coaching staff is presently in I'm wary of Jackson, at least until we see how it all shakes out. Berrian's another guy who's value could fluctuate considerably depending on who ends up under center for Da Bears. Even Cotchery has ???, mainly who (if anyone) will the Jets bring in at running back?

Just too early for me to say.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:59 pm

I'd take a flyer on Jackson or Berrian but the only one I'd really want on my fantasy team is Cotchery. He made some amazing plays throughout the year and was pretty consisent. I think he is the most polished of the bunch.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:14 pm

I agree with Jimbo, Jackson and Berrian are only worth a late round flyer, But Cotchery should continue to make big plays for the Jets. ;-D
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:16 am

Might be some homerism, but:

1) Cotchery
2) V. Jackson
3) Berrian

If S.D didn't lose there OC, DC, and HC, I would put Jackson above Cotchery, but they did lose all of those 3, so I wouldn't put Jackson ahead of Cotchery. As for Berrian, I'm not a fan of Rex. He's way to inconsistant for my likings.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:09 am

I agree that we need to hold off on Vincent Jackson until we know who the new head coach and OC are going to be.

As far as Berrian and Cotchery, I see them putting up around the same numbers again this year.

Grossman throws a very good deep ball which he should be able to connect with Berrian on some big plays like last year.

Cotchery should get plenty of looks again as long as team continue to double team Coles. I think Brad Smith will emerge as the Jets #3 WR and possible take some looks away from Cotchery.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby niblet » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:34 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:There's no apostrophe in WRs.

Actually there is. When you want to make an abbreviation plural, you add 's. Nice try though!
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:10 pm

niblet wrote:
LoveBoatCaptain wrote:There's no apostrophe in WRs.

Actually there is. When you want to make an abbreviation plural, you add 's. Nice try though!

um that rule is for when there are periods in the abbreviation.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk