Larry Johnson - The new T.O.? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Johnson - The new T.O.?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Johnson - The new T.O.?

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:06 pm

The big question for KC is whether or not to re-work Johnson's original contract now or later. If they choose later, what will LJ's reaction be.

I found this comment made by a KC player to be quite telling.

I saw this on SI.com truth & rumors section.

Larry Johnson is far from the most popular player in the Chiefs' locker room with the players. He's aloof, moody and constantly distracted by his desire to be misunderstood and to be a member of Jay-Z's posse. Johnson, according to another teammate, can be a disruptive force in locker-room chemistry. The team's most valuable and important player, according to a teammate, oftentimes sits in meetings text messaging friends and associates.
-- Kansas City Star

Remember he said last year or maybe his rookie year that he didn't like KC and the people didn't seem to like him.

Is this a storm brewing for KC?

If this was T.O. it would be all over the news and everyone would be saying what an ass T.O. is and how bad of a teammate he is.

What do you guys think? LJ is an absolute stud on the field.

On a side note: Did anyone see Tony Romo on NFL Network last night? When asked about T.O. he said he loves the guy and he is a great teammate.

Romo also said T.O. called or text messaged him every day for a week after he botched the FG attempt to make sure he was ok and told him if he needed anything to give him a call.

I have no man love for T.O. I just feel he gets all the bad press but none of the good press.

Will LJ take over for T.O. as one of the most disliked players by the media and fans?

I think he is such a beast on the field you have to make him happy. It's the nature of the beast. You produce, you get paid whether your an ass or not.

What do you guys think?
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:32 pm

I don't think he can take over as the next TO, but he has always definitely struck me as someone who could create some problems. Dick Vermeil, the ultimate players coach, even had some issues with him. They do share similar traits though, as both can be charming in interviews and are absolute physical freaks on the field that can dominate.

I think the thing that seperates them is that LJ is a little bit quieter, while TO is always looking for a camera or a writer to quote him. I don't think LJ's disruption would become quite the media frenzy.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:29 pm

I'm not saying that he won't become the next T.O. But until he starts doing more of To's tactics, we kinda have to give the benefit of the doubt don't we?

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:53 pm

TO is the Babe Ruth of being TO
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:08 pm

eaglesrule wrote:TO is the Babe Ruth of being TO

I agree, no one even comes close to causing the amount of chaos that TO does.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:09 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:I saw this on SI.com truth & rumors section.

There's a story much like this one of PFT.com as well
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:38 pm

LJ's no choir boy (hasn't been since he entered the league) but he'd have to cause A LOT of s**t to work his way into Owens' weight class.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:06 pm

The Sultan of Snot? :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:19 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:

I agree, no one even comes close to causing the amount of chaos that TO does.

Where do you guys put people like Chris Henry or any of the Bengals that get arrested.

Pacman Jones is another guy that comes to mind.

Unfortunatley both of these fools come from my favorite college team :-t

Like I said. I am not necessarily defending T.O. because he definately crosses the line way to much, but I think alot of the little stuff like saying he wasn't paying attention to parcells speech is blown out of proportion.

I'm sure he wasn't the only guy tuning him out. He is just the only guy crazy/stupid enough to tell everyone.

The only reason I back T.O. some is that he isn't a criminal and doesn't beat his girlfriends (that we know of).

I think some of the stuff is kind of funny. Like wearing the bike helmet and Jersey.

Obviously calling out his QB's and some of the stuff he did in Philly was undefensible (is that a word).

If KC starts missing the playoffs I can see LJ getting pissed and running his mouth like he did at the end of the year last year. He seems to be an angry guy which is great on the field but off the field could rub people the wrong way.

I don't think any of this affects his fantasy value but it's the offseason so why not talk about stupid stuff like this.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:27 pm

There is no way he takes the same role as T.O. If he becomes unproductive, people might go to the press, but he won't be like T.O. on the field. If he keeps playing at such a high level, people won't go to the press about it, so he won't be like T.O. off the field. It is one or the other, not both.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk