Larry Johnson - The new T.O.? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Johnson - The new T.O.?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Felix the Cat » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:16 pm

I dunno, but I've never bought into the "TO = bad person" hype. As far as I've seen, most of his misguided sentiments and outlandish acts are distractions, but generally aren't actually very harmful to anyone. TO strikes me as the "class clown" of the NFL, with a little bit of "social incompetent" thrown in for good measure. A distraction to a professional sports team, but tolerable and occasionally funny.

I mean, I feel like I'd much rather spend a Sunday afternoon with TO than with, say, Randy Moss. (Maybe it's just because he smiles in his official photos?)
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:33 pm

No way you can compare LJ to T.O. I don't even think any other sports player is in T.O's range of 'cancerness'.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby maddog60 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:11 am

Felix the Cat wrote:I dunno, but I've never bought into the "TO = bad person" hype. As far as I've seen, most of his misguided sentiments and outlandish acts are distractions, but generally aren't actually very harmful to anyone. TO strikes me as the "class clown" of the NFL, with a little bit of "social incompetent" thrown in for good measure. A distraction to a professional sports team, but tolerable and occasionally funny.

I mean, I feel like I'd much rather spend a Sunday afternoon with TO than with, say, Randy Moss. (Maybe it's just because he smiles in his official photos?)

No, Chad Johnson is a "class clown." TO and his agent sent in writing a demand for more money after getting a 49 million dollar deal the previous year, and stated, in writing, a threat to purposely try to disrupt the team.

Do a google search on the arbitrator's hearing from 2005 with the whole TO vs. Eagles feud.

Is TO scum? No, guys like Leonard Little and Randy McMichael are far worse. Is TO harmless? The man will purposely attempt to ruin the season for his teammates because of his own greed. How could that be defined as 'harmless'?

No way to compare LJ to TO.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:42 am

T.O. sucks.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:51 am

TO has BO.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dgan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:16 am

It's easy to be a good teammate when your rushing for 2000 yards every year. I wonder how LJ will be when he gets injured or something.

In redrafts I don't think this has any effect...but if I were in a keeper/dynasty league, I would be watching this VERY closely. It reminds me of Ricky Williams his first couple years when he wasn't causing problems but was just "different". Ricky put up good stats even though he didn't really care about football. Could be the same with LJ. If his heart isn't in it, anything could happen.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk