Overseeing Off-Season Trades - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Overseeing Off-Season Trades

Moderator: Football Moderators

Overseeing Off-Season Trades

Postby Axl's Army » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:51 pm

I am the commisioner of my league & last year was our first season keeping players.

We welcome rule changes, but no changes can take effect until the following year & cannot effect next season.

The way our keeper system works is as follows: you can if you choose but you don't have to keep any 2 players from your team.

The way our draft works is as follows: Owners that keep players spend their first one or two draft picks on their keepers (depending whether they keep one or two players). Owners that don't keep 2 players, are allowed to draft players until all teams have 2 players. Then, the "third round" begins the draft where all Owners participate in choosing players from a draft pool.

That said, is it possible to have off season trades where one team trades a player to another team for draft picks?

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreenBay4Life » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:56 pm

i mean anything is possible its all in how you want to do it. I personally think trading and keeping track of all of that stuff can be difficult but if your the commish and can handle that kind of stuff sure why not.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:31 pm

It's a personal preference thing. Some leagues allow it, some don't.

Assuming you don't presently have any rules in place currently that either expressly allow or forbid it (placing it in a sort of "gray" area) I'd run it past the other owners. If the majority's OK with it I'd allow it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby dream_017 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:40 pm

Yes, it is possible and I did it last year in my league. Our rules are the same as yours. I traded player A and my "1st pick" for player B.

The way we did it was depending on when my 1st actual pick came up that was given to the other team. So if I kept 2 players he got the 3rd round, if I would have kept 1 he would have had the 2nd round pick.

Or you could just specify a particular round. I didn't know at the time how many keepers I was going to have and I told the other owner that at the time of the trade, so it all worked out. He just knew that my 1st pick was his. Then to get my team to the roster requirement, I got the last pick in the draft.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Axl's Army » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Thanks Dream.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Commissioner's Corner