Michigan's 2007 Season Opener - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Michigan's 2007 Season Opener

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aldridg6in » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:30 pm

My response....who cares? No way ASU can hang with Michigan on the road. ASU is solid...I've seen them play several times since they sometimes get on local TV, but they're not up to Michigan's level.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:59 pm

eman wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I can't see how this game is going to be any problem for Michigan, they'll handle it easily.

This is no different than playing those traditionally decent D1 schools as openers (teams like Southern Miss, Marshall, etc) where you get nothing for a win but lose a ton for a loss, and those teams are probably better..

Yes, but a loss to ASU would be a lot worse just because they're a lower division....rather than saying UM lost to a poor team, people could say UM lost to a D-1 AA team, which basically puts UM out of the running for a NC right then and there. I do expect them to win easily though.

Either one puts them out of the NC picture..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:01 pm

Sandrock wrote:Don't count the underdog out. Michigan better not look past this game. It could turn out really ugly for them.

All Michigan has to do is look back to the 2005 Alamo Bowl to know that. And Appalachian State is probably as good or better than that Husker team was.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:04 am

knapplc wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Don't count the underdog out. Michigan better not look past this game. It could turn out really ugly for them.

All Michigan has to do is look back to the 2005 Alamo Bowl to know that. And Appalachian State is probably as good or better than that Husker team was.

Also, Tressell used to coach there and we all know how well michigan has done against his teams latley :-P :-P

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:48 am

Free Bagel wrote:
eman wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I can't see how this game is going to be any problem for Michigan, they'll handle it easily.

This is no different than playing those traditionally decent D1 schools as openers (teams like Southern Miss, Marshall, etc) where you get nothing for a win but lose a ton for a loss, and those teams are probably better..

Yes, but a loss to ASU would be a lot worse just because they're a lower division....rather than saying UM lost to a poor team, people could say UM lost to a D-1 AA team, which basically puts UM out of the running for a NC right then and there. I do expect them to win easily though.

Either one puts them out of the NC picture..

Eh, I think a team could have a shot if they lose 1 game early against a mid team and win from there on, especially with a tough schedule like UM's. Though I understand what you're saying...its doubtful, to say the least.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VaderFin » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:00 am

What's the word I'm looking for...oh yeah...blowout.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:34 am

VaderFin wrote:What's the word I'm looking for...oh yeah...blowout.

you don't know how much i hope you're right

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:30 pm

There's a reason they're in D-2 and it doesn't just have to do with the size of the school and their attendence. Think about those Marshall teams that used to dominate D-2, then they came into D-1 and they were basically nothing. Michigan is gonna rock their world.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:43 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:There's a reason they're in D-2 and it doesn't just have to do with the size of the school and their attendence. Think about those Marshall teams that used to dominate D-2, then they came into D-1 and they were basically nothing. Michigan is gonna rock their world.

You are right about this, and Michigan should win big, but if they don't come to play, they won't blow them off the field.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kilroy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:48 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Also, Tressell used to coach there and we all know how well michigan has done against his teams latley :-P :-P

Tressel coached at Youngstown State, not Appalachian State.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to College Football