Michigan's 2007 Season Opener - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Michigan's 2007 Season Opener

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Don't count the underdog out. Michigan better not look past this game. It could turn out really ugly for them.

All Michigan has to do is look back to the 2005 Alamo Bowl to know that. And Appalachian State is probably as good or better than that Husker team was.

Also, Tressell used to coach there and we all know how well michigan has done against his teams latley :-P :-P

Tressel coached at Youngstown State, not Appalachian State.

My bad, you're right

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:22 pm

Of course Michigan won't have any problems - I just hope they aren't afraid to run up the score as a close game won't help their ranking.

GO BLUE!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Atog » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:17 pm

It's been more than 70 years since U-M has played a not-D-1A team.
I just don't see why it's necessary to schedule this game. Couldn't we have gone with Middle Tennessee State or UL Lafayette?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:13 pm

I think its kind of funny about the angst over this by some of you Blue fans. I remember having some of the same emotions when NU first started doing it around the turn of the century. With less and less 1-A teams not wanting to "screw up" their seasons early on by taking on an equal or better team, this is the football world we now live in. It wasnt long ago that a "powerhouse" school could easily get a Sun Belt or C-USA type team to come play at their house. It was a great experience for these "lesser" team's players and the school got a nice check. Now these teams worry about getting to bowl games and perhaps pulling off a "Rutgers" or being the next "Louisville". Some teams have to fill the void left by these schools. And as someone point out early, some of these 1-AA schools have better teams/programs than the lesser 1-A teams. The stigma of "its a 1-AA team" still exists, but that culture is starting to change.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to College Football