Sophmore slump canidates? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sophmore slump canidates?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sophmore slump canidates?

Postby skinsrule » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Who you think will bust in secoc year?

I select MJD and to a lesser extent Joseph Addai.
skinsrule
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:53 pm

I say Addai and Colston.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Felix the Cat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:29 pm

In order of "slumpiness":
-Colston
-MJD
-Scheffler
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:36 pm

Colston would seem to be the most likely candidate, if only because I think he's going to be overvalued in a lot of drafts. He may not have a "bad" year, but in my opinion his production relative to his draft position is going to disappoint a lot of people.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:51 pm

I agree with Colston and MJD slumping next year and I also think Vince Young will struggle next year as well.

I think Addai will improve on his numbers with the upcoming departure of Rhodes.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:37 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:Colston would seem to be the most likely candidate, if only because I think he's going to be overvalued in a lot of drafts. He may not have a "bad" year, but in my opinion his production relative to his draft position is going to disappoint a lot of people.

I agree with Kilroy - I think Colston is the most likely 2006 rookie to have a sophomore slump or a least a "down" year.

I'm not sure I'd include Scheffler in this mix. The Broncos don't favor the TE position a lot and while Scheffler seemed to develop a nice rapport with Cutler towards the end of the year, his production was not enough durinng the complete season to warrant him having a sophomore slump in 2007.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:10 pm

I see little reason why Addai would slump considering Rhodes isn't likely to return and Addai's numbers leave a lot of room for improvement. Maurice Jones-Drew screams slump since it's going to be very difficult to repeat last year's big TD numbers. Maroney could be a disappointment if he doesn't keep his maturity in check. He was in the doghouse quite a bit and though Corey Dillon is aging, he's still a strong goalline back who could continue to keep Maroney's numbers relatively low. It may not be a sophomore slump in the popular sense, but I don't think he'll blow the doors off like some suspect.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 pm

I forgot to mention VY. He will be the most overrated player in the draft along with Colston.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Humpback » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:58 am

I guess it depends on what you mean by "slump". In a FF sense, MJD could qualify, but I don't think his production will drop off from an NFL stance. What I mean is, he might put up fewer FF points because G. Jones could take the goal lines, but I don't think all of the sudden he's going to stop being a good RB. I wouldn't really put Scheffler there either, since it's not like he had a huge year. He should be able to beat 18 catches, 286 yards and 4 TD's pretty easily. These guys could be busts from a FF perspective because they may not justify their draft position, but that's different from slumping, IMO.

I'd say Colston is the most likely candidate to slump.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Heimholder » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:43 am

My #1 slump candidate is definitely Vince Young. I just don't think the Titans have enough weapons to keep defenses from spying him all season long. The Titans may do ok in the standings, but Young's numbers will suffer.

Just curious here, why is Colston such a popular pick for a slump? :-? Watching his games last season, he seemed to be the Saints' go-to possession receiver, but with enough speed to go deep occasionally. He caught dang near everything Brees could throw at him, which equaled to a ton of balls!

Let's see, we have a guy with great hands and routes, good speed, great attitude, on an up-and-coming offense having already established repoire with a premiere quarterback. Horn is steadily declining and it seems like Colston is a lock for that #1 spot, no?

Maybe people are thinking Henderson, Copper & Bush will steal too many looks? I don't know, seems like in San Diego Brees really locked onto Gates and he's found his new Gates in Colston. I know I won't hesitate to take him in the late 3rd round on!
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk