Return to Football Talk

who picked up Carter?

Moderator: Football Moderators

who picked up Carter?

Postby wrx555 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:19 pm

I'm kinda thin in the WR department so I picked up Carter off
waivers. I dropped Lamar Smith to make room for him but
being 6th on the waiver list didn't think I'd get him. I'm hoping
he gets in a groove come playoff time to help give me an edge.

So who else picked him up and was it to try and trade him or,
like me, you need desparate help at WR.

-jb
wrx555
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:46 pm

Well, I wanted him, but with ten teams before mine in the waiver list, I didn't have much of a chance...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thechill » Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:17 am

I grabbed him in 2 of my leagues. I only gave up Ismail for him. Ismail hasn't done much lately so the upside with Carter is better. I don't have to start him, but if he explodes I will find a way to use him. I am hoping that he gets back into NFL shape after a few weeks and then when it comes to FF playoffs he will be tearing it up.
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby thelongestyard » Sun Oct 27, 2002 12:35 am

Not sure when or if he cleared waivers on NFL.com (looked him up by name and he was available), but I picked him up, dropping Bulger on a bye week and keeping T.Brady and J. Harrington. Either no one was interested, or I got pretty darn lucky. Hopefully, he works out to be a gem. Have him in the mix with M.Booker,Troy Brown,L.Coles, and J.Thrash. Am considering weeding out a receiver or two in the next few weeks, as the extra receivers are taking up extra kicker or dt slots with playoffs coming up later. Hopefully, I get to that point anyway. May pick Bulger back up if possible, as he is still on the FA since Wednesday. Have noted this in previous posts, but the league I am in just shows NO interest in trades. I think the trade deadline is Oct. 28 anyway....I picked up Carter because he had a lot more upside than anyone on the FA list.
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dihall » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:58 am

I picked up Carter as well after no one in my WFFL league showed any interest until after the waiver deadline. My receivers have done very little and several have gotten hurt. :-o I dropped D'Wayne Bates for him. Not too difficult a choice. Now I have Keyshawn "flop" Johnson, D. Driver, D. Jackson, C. Chambers, S. Sharpe, Josh Reed as well as Carter. You have to go with an old Buckeye!! ;-D Hopefully he can make a contribution since Miami is running low on WRs now.
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk