i just got an xbox 360... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

i just got an xbox 360...

Moderator: Football Moderators

i just got an xbox 360...

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:32 pm

what games would you reccomend? i'm more inot sports games, but all suggestions are welcome

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:40 pm

joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:29 pm

I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread.

Buy Gears, buy it now. Buy two copies so if something happens to your first you don't have to stop playing for 30 minutes while you run out and buy another.

Decent single player game that turns awesome when you play coop online, and double awesome multiplayer. Oh yeah, and the graphics are the sickest you'll ever see. No, seriously - better than anything on the Xbox 1080 even.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:15 pm

1) Gears of War
2) Saints Row (Kind of Old [newer version of Grand Theft Auto])
3) Oblivian

Didn't mention Madden because thats a gimme ;-D If you get online just PM me for my Gamertag
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:48 am

GoW is really that good? Man it alone could be the reason I buy a 360. Sounds like my kinda game for sure.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:23 pm

SniperShot wrote:GoW is really that good? Man it alone could be the reason I buy a 360. Sounds like my kinda game for sure.

You have no idea. The only thing I have a problem with is that its 4 vs 4 online. It's still very good because the map's are small and couldn't handle 8 v 8. But if I could make one upgrade, it would be to make it from 1 v 1 all the way up to 8 v 8 and just make the 8 v 8 game on bigger maps.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:10 pm

SniperShot wrote:GoW is really that good? Man it alone could be the reason I buy a 360. Sounds like my kinda game for sure.

It IS the reason I broke down and bought a 360 a few weeks ago. I bought a bundle from Circuit City that had the game included. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is great. The single person mode is pretty short, but definitely worth playing. Outside of God of War, this is probably the best video game I've ever played.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:18 am

Well I never like telling people to shell out 400 bucks based on my opinion because everyone has their own tastes, but let's put it this way. Most around here know that before Gears came out I had every intention of getting a PS3 and a Wii and selling my 360. The only reason I owned a 360 was because I got an HDTV and wanted some HD Gaming to go with it and was going to use the 360 until the PS3 came out. I prefered to play my shooter games on the PC with a keyboard/mouse and most of the 360's big games were FPSs.

Needless to say, once I picked up Gears I totally switched my stance and am now firmly in the 360's court with little to no interest in the PS3 for gaming, now keeping my run going of never owning a console from the same company in back to back generations (NES, Genesis, N64, PS2, 360).

Also, I graduated and got a 9-6 job and was finally starting to weed out videogames and get responsible, actually going to sleep at 11 or so so I wasn't tired at work the next day. Since I got Gears however, I generally find myself finally putting the controller down at 2:30 once again and waking up less than 5 hours later. But it's worth it.

Dawinner127 wrote:You have no idea. The only thing I have a problem with is that its 4 vs 4 online. It's still very good because the map's are small and couldn't handle 8 v 8. But if I could make one upgrade, it would be to make it from 1 v 1 all the way up to 8 v 8 and just make the 8 v 8 game on bigger maps.

I had the same worry before getting the game, especially since I was used to PC games with 20-32 players in a server at a time. Really though I think Gears' style is perfect with 4v4. It's a slower type tactical game where most kills come at pretty close range. Having more than 4v4 would turn a bit chaotic and would make for some chaotic close-range battles that just have way too many people. Having 4 people on your team is very manageable talking over the mic and coming up with strategies and adjusting to what the other team is doing, helping revive squadmates when they go down even if it's not right next to you, etc.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:14 pm

Madden

From me

;-)
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:35 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Madden

From me

;-)

That's a given though ;-D
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Video Games