Pacman in Trouble Again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Pacman in Trouble Again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:18 am

Lock em all up and throw away the key.

I heard about this on Mike and Mike this morning. I was annoyed that they just kept going on about the bouncer being shot and possibly being paralyzed and talking about Pacman's guilt by association.

HELLO!! The guy grabbed a woman by the hair, slammed her head into the stage and punched in her in the face repeated times!!! He's guilty of a little more than just "association" and should be facing major jail time.

Don't drop the soap Pacman.
Image
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 805
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:26 am

ironman wrote:Lock em all up and throw away the key.

I heard about this on Mike and Mike this morning. I was annoyed that they just kept going on about the bouncer being shot and possibly being paralyzed and talking about Pacman's guilt by association.

HELLO!! The guy grabbed a woman by the hair, slammed her head into the stage and punched in her in the face repeated times!!! He's guilty of a little more than just "association" and should be facing major jail time.

Don't drop the soap Pacman.


So true. That was bugging me as well. Nobody seemed to be talking about the fact that he assaulted the lady...TWICE!
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Karoz » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:36 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Karoz wrote:I knew Pacman's seemingly good behavior wouldn't last long.

The Titans did remarkably well last season, and they have a lot of cap room right now. A Super Bowl isn't out of the question for the Titans next season, as everything is finally coming full circle again.

We really don't need such a talented young player like Pacman to get thrown in prison.


You gotta watch using White-Out in an area that's not well-ventilated man. S**t'll make you loopy.

:-b


I was using the white-out to remove the Browns from each NFL team's list of 2007 opponents. I mean, after all, if Cleveland has no chance of winning a game, then how can they be considered a true opponent?

:-b
Image
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1697
Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:27 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
ironman wrote:Lock em all up and throw away the key.

I heard about this on Mike and Mike this morning. I was annoyed that they just kept going on about the bouncer being shot and possibly being paralyzed and talking about Pacman's guilt by association.

HELLO!! The guy grabbed a woman by the hair, slammed her head into the stage and punched in her in the face repeated times!!! He's guilty of a little more than just "association" and should be facing major jail time.

Don't drop the soap Pacman.


So true. That was bugging me as well. Nobody seemed to be talking about the fact that he assaulted the lady...TWICE!


He hasn't even been charged with anything yet, let alone convicted.

What do people expect, or desire from athletes? He's a football player, not a teacher, not a minister. The fact that people continually get upset because guys who they watch play a game on TV aren't all stand-up citizens amazes me.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 749
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:23 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:What do people expect, or desire from athletes? He's a football player, not a teacher, not a minister. The fact that people continually get upset because guys who they watch play a game on TV aren't all stand-up citizens amazes me.


There's a difference between not being a standup citizen and being a raging woman-beater. And I don't care that he plays a violent sport or not, if anything football should allow him to get out more of his aggression in a non-criminal way than most folks, so he'd have even less excuse.

This isn't about holding athletes to a higher standard. Nobody should ever beat a woman, period. The fact that its on tape and he hasn't even been charged, it ridiculous. The shooting is completely irrelevant at this point. Let's start with the first crime of the night, the savage beating. If it happens he was involved in the murder, well, you can charge him with that too. Any !@#$ thug that would beat a woman deserves to spend at least decade being treated like less than human by some of our more abhorrent sickos.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:33 am

maddog60 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:What do people expect, or desire from athletes? He's a football player, not a teacher, not a minister. The fact that people continually get upset because guys who they watch play a game on TV aren't all stand-up citizens amazes me.


There's a difference between not being a standup citizen and being a raging woman-beater. And I don't care that he plays a violent sport or not, if anything football should allow him to get out more of his aggression in a non-criminal way than most folks, so he'd have even less excuse.

This isn't about holding athletes to a higher standard. Nobody should ever beat a woman, period. The fact that its on tape and he hasn't even been charged, it ridiculous. The shooting is completely irrelevant at this point. Let's start with the first crime of the night, the savage beating. If it happens he was involved in the murder, well, you can charge him with that too. Any !@#$ thug that would beat a woman deserves to spend at least decade being treated like less than human by some of our more abhorrent sickos.


Exactly. The point is we shouldn't be watching him play a game on TV. Construction workers, police officers, military veterans, teachers, grocery store clerks, accountants...what difference does your profession make? When you are in society, you have to abide by the laws. Pacman has proven he is unable to do so and is a threat to society.

The idea that only teachers and ministers should be expected to be law abiding? I would revise your argument. There are plenty of people with many more problems and much more stress to deal with than Pacman who don't go out and beat up women. The fact he is a football player is irrelevant - aside from the fact he should not be a football player (in the NFL) any longer.

Repeat offenders are becoming the scourge of the NFL...the one thing that is damaging their image more than anything else. I expect the league to toughen the suspension rules either this offseason or next for players with multiple convictions.
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:43 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
He hasn't even been charged with anything yet, let alone convicted.

What do people expect, or desire from athletes?


For them to follow the same laws as everybody else? For them not to beat up women and not to tell their bodyguards to go shoot people?

The way the legal system works he may not be tried for years. Are you saying no one can have an opinion before then? Did you withhold judgement on Bill Clinton's impeachment/indictment until the proceedings were completely finished? Are you currently withholding all judgement and have no opinion on Scooter Libby?

People are allowed to develop opinions based on the information available so far, taking into consideration Pacman's history of violent crimes.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:32 am

I didn't make myself very clear in my first post, sorry for that. I'm not condoning what he is alleged to have done and I'm not saying that as long as a football player plays good on the field I don't care what he does off the field. What I'm saying is that I'm not more outraged by this than I am by any other similar instances. I don't know...maybe I'm just jaded because I deal with stuff like this--and worse--on a daily basis, but I don't find myself being surprised, or more angry than normal because the person who reportedly committed the crimes is a rich athlete.

As far as forming an opinion goes: at this point most of the information is coming from a single source who has a huge stake in the outcome. If Jones is indeed guilty then he should be held responsible to the full extent of the law. But until the video surfaces, or at least charges are filed--nevermind a conviction--I'll reserve judgement.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 749
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Keyser_WV » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:22 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I didn't make myself very clear in my first post, sorry for that. I'm not condoning what he is alleged to have done and I'm not saying that as long as a football player plays good on the field I don't care what he does off the field. What I'm saying is that I'm not more outraged by this than I am by any other similar instances. I don't know...maybe I'm just jaded because I deal with stuff like this--and worse--on a daily basis, but I don't find myself being surprised, or more angry than normal because the person who reportedly committed the crimes is a rich athlete.

As far as forming an opinion goes: at this point most of the information is coming from a single source who has a huge stake in the outcome. If Jones is indeed guilty then he should be held responsible to the full extent of the law. But until the video surfaces, or at least charges are filed--nevermind a conviction--I'll reserve judgement.


I'm with you on this. Until something is confirmed I will wait and see.

There is no doubt in Pacman's "turdness" but people saying he savagely beat a woman and things like this are not even close to being confirmed.

There are also reports that he threw money as part of a plan to hype the show and some guy took the money in a plastic bag and took off which started a fight between a stripper and a woman in Pacmans group.

He very well could have done all the things said, but I will wait to see proof before I believe the owner of a strip club.

We'll have to see what comes from this but you guys saying he should be thrown in jail without knowing the details goes to show how big of an influence the media has on things.

Innocent until proven guilty applies for Turds like Pacman too.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 4 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bushkill, PA

Postby dgan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:55 pm

My issue isn't with Pacman's legal guilt or innocence. My issue is that any employer who had an employee who repeatedly gave the employer a bad name by repeatedly being involved in serious incidents would not be employed by such employer any longer.

It's good to see that a bunch of NFL Players went to Gene Upshaw and said they supported some type of accountability program such as 3 strikes and you're out.

I'm not saying what he is guilty of...I'm saying there is no way the NFL should be employing this guy simply because he is always at the scene of violence and has never learned his lesson.

Although I have a hard time believing the owner of a very large club, be it a strip club or not, would come out publicly saying he had video of a high profile athlete when he did NOT in fact have such a video. I'm guessing Pacman is guilty of battery if not worse...and if that proves to be true, I hope he is put away for a good while.
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:23 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact