Texans want Conditional 3rd or 2nd for Carr - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Texans want Conditional 3rd or 2nd for Carr

Moderator: Football Moderators

Texans want Conditional 3rd or 2nd for Carr

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:03 pm

The Texans are reportedly asking for a conditional third-round pick that can escalate to a second-rounder in exchange for David Carr.

Considering the team that deals for him will have to pay his contract or restructure it and likely pay Carr a signing bonus, the Texans will probably have to come down if this is their asking price.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune


This is so weird to me that they had a chance at VY and gave it up b/c they wanted Carr and now they are willing to let him go. IMO the Texans may be one of the worst run teams out there next tot he Bucs and Raiders
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Texans want Conditional 3rd or 2nd for Carr

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:04 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
The Texans are reportedly asking for a conditional third-round pick that can escalate to a second-rounder in exchange for David Carr.

Considering the team that deals for him will have to pay his contract or restructure it and likely pay Carr a signing bonus, the Texans will probably have to come down if this is their asking price.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune


This is so weird to me that they had a chance at VY and gave it up b/c they wanted Carr and now they are willing to let him go. IMO the Texans may be one of the worst run teams out there next tot he Bucs and Raiders


Don't forget the Lions ;-D But yeah it doesn't make much sense that they are all of the sudden jumping off the Carr wagon.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3118
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami University (OH)

Re: Texans want Conditional 3rd or 2nd for Carr

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:08 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
The Texans are reportedly asking for a conditional third-round pick that can escalate to a second-rounder in exchange for David Carr.

Considering the team that deals for him will have to pay his contract or restructure it and likely pay Carr a signing bonus, the Texans will probably have to come down if this is their asking price.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune


This is so weird to me that they had a chance at VY and gave it up b/c they wanted Carr and now they are willing to let him go. IMO the Texans may be one of the worst run teams out there next tot he Bucs and Raiders


Don't forget the Lions ;-D But yeah it doesn't make much sense that they are all of the sudden jumping off the Carr wagon.


I have read that they may make a run at Plummer, which is a step back IMO. I think Carr is a good QB, he needs a line and a running game though
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby Flux » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:25 pm

HOU needs a QB that can throw downfield, Carr is not the answer, and I dont think that Plummer is either.

Who would even want Carr...nobody for a 3rd, and not many for a 4th. MIN maybe?
Image
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6113
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:29 pm

Flux wrote:HOU needs a QB that can throw downfield, Carr is not the answer, and I dont think that Plummer is either.

Who would even want Carr...nobody for a 3rd, and not many for a 4th. MIN maybe?


I don't think they are gonna get what they are asking for. Plummer is definetly not the answer though, if Shannahan gives up on you that should tell you something b/c that guy thinks he can win with anyone
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:14 pm

I just don't get this...if they didn't want Carr, why didn't they draft Young, Lienart, or Cutler?
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:22 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I just don't get this...if they didn't want Carr, why didn't they draft Young, Lienart, or Cutler?


Well....there was a season in between last draft and this one....is it not possible that they didn't like what they saw this year from Carr? He did take a step back in his development this year from what they would have liked. I can definitely see where they're coming from now. Last year they thought Carr could be the QB for them, after this year they aren't so sure. Simple as that.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:53 pm

Chances are they will never get their asking price, so really this seems just like testing the market. They're trying to see if they can capitalize on a QB-starved market and get good value for a guy who is on his last chance. Most likely, they will not get what they want, bring Carr back, and he gets one last shot at redemption next year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:58 pm

It could get very interesting if both Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn fall to the 8th pick.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Texans want Conditional 3rd or 2nd for Carr

Postby mrblitz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:02 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
The Texans are reportedly asking for a conditional third-round pick that can escalate to a second-rounder in exchange for David Carr.

Considering the team that deals for him will have to pay his contract or restructure it and likely pay Carr a signing bonus, the Texans will probably have to come down if this is their asking price.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune


This is so weird to me that they had a chance at VY and gave it up b/c they wanted Carr and now they are willing to let him go. IMO the Texans may be one of the worst run teams out there next tot he Bucs and Raiders


Gotta agree, they have historically made some really bad decisions regarding their team.
Image


Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 12770
Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Having a coffee at the fantasy cafe.

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:52 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact