Texans want Conditional 3rd or 2nd for Carr - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Texans want Conditional 3rd or 2nd for Carr

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:09 pm

mattb47 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I just don't get this...if they didn't want Carr, why didn't they draft Young, Lienart, or Cutler?

Well....there was a season in between last draft and this one....is it not possible that they didn't like what they saw this year from Carr? He did take a step back in his development this year from what they would have liked. I can definitely see where they're coming from now. Last year they thought Carr could be the QB for them, after this year they aren't so sure. Simple as that.

I agree they feel he took a step back, but thats where the poor management and scouting comes in. There were 3 possible Franchise QB's available last year, they made the decision, i think you have to think about what happens if he does take a step back. Thats why i think they are poorly managed
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:06 pm

Brady Quinn if they trade Carr??
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:27 pm

hmm, I think Carr can get it done, he just needs a line, and a half decent healthy run game.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:37 pm

aaawall91 wrote:hmm, I think Carr can get it done, he just needs a line, and a half decent healthy run game.

Well, the thing is that things were improved at least a little bit this year but he got worse rather than better. Maybe with an improved running game it would help but who knows.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:43 pm

Yeah, somethings improved, but the running game was ridiculous, same games they completely abandoned it, it appeared. I think if he gets his feet under control and the running game is used correctly then Texans could be a surprising team.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Kilroy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:43 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:It could get very interesting if both Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn fall to the 8th pick.

Quinn might, but I don't see Peterson falling that far.

I think maddog's right. The Texans are testing the waters, but Carr will more than likely not be going anywhere.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby elephunk » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:02 am

aaawall91 wrote:Yeah, somethings improved, but the running game was ridiculous, same games they completely abandoned it, it appeared. I think if he gets his feet under control and the running game is used correctly then Texans could be a surprising team.

Yeah that's what I didn't understand either. They relied on him too much on the season IMO.

Everyone was saying why didnt they draft VY or Leinhart, but why did they pass on Bush as well? I thought that with Bush on board, they could've at least hide some of Carr's weakness' if they opted to run more often. Also Bush wasnt a bad receiver at all, more options for Carr on the field.

Its funny that Houston uses the same philosophy as Denver (with the no RBs 1st RD) but until now Denver still hasn't been successful in the running game since Portis --I just don't get that.
elephunk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:07 am

elephunk wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Yeah, somethings improved, but the running game was ridiculous, same games they completely abandoned it, it appeared. I think if he gets his feet under control and the running game is used correctly then Texans could be a surprising team.

Yeah that's what I didn't understand either. They relied on him too much on the season IMO.

Everyone was saying why didnt they draft VY or Leinhart, but why did they pass on Bush as well? I thought that with Bush on board, they could've at least hide some of Carr's weakness' if they opted to run more often. Also Bush wasnt a bad receiver at all, more options for Carr on the field.

Its funny that Houston uses the same philosophy as Denver (with the no RBs 1st RD) but until now Denver still hasn't been successful in the running game since Portis --I just don't get that.

The reason they passed on Bush was b/c they thought they were gonn have a healthy DD and Bush is not the type of back that fits into the Denver type running attack, but DD is. I still think you take him, but that was there reasoning i think
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:12 am

I think that if Carr ends up on a team with a decent O Line and an established running game, he will do fine.

He isnt a pro bowl QB, but should enjoy a healthy career in the NFL.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk