Dungy Offically coming back - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dungy Offically coming back

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dungy Offically coming back

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:23 pm

DUNGY COMING BACK FOR 2007

Colts coach Tony Dungy said Monday that he'll be back for another season with the team. Moving forward, however, it seems clear that Dungy is committed to taking his career one year at a time.

"Obviously, you want to come back. You want to defend the title. We've got such a great group of guys, that that's eventually what draws you back every year," Dungy said. "I wouldn't say it was an easy decision, but it was the right one, and it didn't take overly long to make."

So if it wasn't an easy decision this year, it presumably won't be an easy decision next year, or the year thereafter. And that's just enough to make Dungy the Bill Cowher of 2007, with constant speculation and rumor as to whether Dungy will pack it in after the year after finally scaling successfully the NFL mountain.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:26 pm

I think he almost had to...they have the majority of their players coming back, how could you leave that?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:30 pm

Flux wrote:I think he almost had to...they have the majority of their players coming back, how could you leave that?

Speculation was b/c of his family situation and the fact that he said he did not want to coach past 50 and he is 51 and finally won, it was time to go out on top
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:41 pm

From what I heard of him talking every time since the Super Bowl I never doubted for a second that he would come back for another year. I hope he stays in the league for many more years personally, just a great guy to have around.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:48 pm

SOOOOOO glad he came back for another year. I hope for the league and fan's sakes that he sticks around for years to come. However, I wouldn't blame him one bit for hanging it up whenever he feels comfortable with leaving.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Tony eventually wants to be a Minister here in Tampa so although he is coming back, i wouldn't put it past him to retire in a couple years
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:28 pm

The NFL certainly needs quality individuals like Tony Dungy. Great to hear he's coming back to Indy for a chance at a repeat. Pac Man Jones could likely use an intervention from a guy like Dungy.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:01 pm

I'm not at all surprised by this. He has every reason to come back. Has a good chance at repeating for the SuperBowl, imo.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk