Ron Rivera out in Chicago - in at San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ron Rivera out in Chicago - in at San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:40 pm

It was kind of disappointing that Rivera left Chicago, but I don't see the Bears and Lovie as the bad guys in this, much. I really do believe Lovie when he says that he wanted Chico to get a HC job and that he's puzzled as to why Chico didn't get one. It's been two years now, where Chico was a candidate for an open HC gig. I actually think that Lovie and the Bears front office wanted Chico to get a HC gig so that it takes the decision to give Chico an extension away from them. Unfortunately, it never happened and Chicago made the choice to go in a different direction, something that I think they had already planned on doing.

In any case, it's nice that Chico got another job so quickly, but I'm kind of surprised that he didn't get the Assistant HC title as well. If the Chargers did make an informal offer to Chico that he would replace Norv if things went south, I wouldn't put much faith in that. They were the ones who told Shotty that his job was safe for another year, only to fire him a month later.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:10 pm

I agree that this was a bit of a demotion. I really thought he'd be the Head Coach somewhere this year. Oh well, at least he's going to another winner.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk