Hit Space - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hit Space

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which hand do you hit the space bar with?

Right
62%
Left
19%
Either
19%

Total votes : 58

Postby knapplc » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:57 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:ARG THE QUOTES SUCK IN THIS THREAD

I think there's some issue with quoting quoted text - I've noticed this happening in several threads over the past week or so. It's not you, and it's not the other guys. Once in a while one of the /quote things get dropped.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:53 am

I used to play a trivia game on IRC when I was about 17...that sucker really made me learn how to read quickly and type even faster! ;-D

Man...IRC...does ANYONE use that anymore? :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:19 pm

Odd what the offseason brings. A thread on which hand you hit the space bar with? That's strange enough, but to get to six pages????? Crazy!

BTW, I use only my right, if I use two hands. Sometimes I type one handed, and that requires the use of my left. Go ahead, run with it. :-B
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby knapplc » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:24 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Odd what the offseason brings. A thread on which hand you hit the space bar with? That's strange enough, but to get to six pages????? Crazy!

I fully agree. I almost posted this in "random" but I thought I'd do a poll, so I gave it it's own thread. I can't believe it got this big.

It's amazing what will catch peoples' attention and interest. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby citybirds27 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:33 pm

awww man i was gonna post about the 6 pages thing :-[
:-b
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:21 pm

I hit it with my right thumb only i think
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:27 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Right most the of the time. I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to use your right thumb, but it's whatever you're comfortable with.

Sometimes I use the left hand (like if I'm backspacing with the right hand and want to space), but not nearly as much as the right hand. There's a mark from where my thumb has hit the space bar too many times in the same spot on the laptop. It's all shiny there instead of the normal dull surface. :-b

Yeah, mine too. Along with the E the T the I the N the A and the Shift key (Proof that I am a good typist, I use the Shift Key) :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:30 pm

knapplc wrote:Your quotes are screwed up, Deeray. Did you just select text and hit quote, or did you do some editing?

I think maybe there's a glitch in the quoting feature that pops up every now and then. I've noticed messed up quotes like this ^^^ happening more and more recently. It can't ALL be user error when it's the same error over and over with different people.

Actually, yours was the first one to be screwed up. (see below) :-b It was the same in the random thread. They both got screwed up when somebody tried to delete a part of the quotes.

deerayfan072 wrote:Did you ever take typing class, Terp? That's the old Hunt and Peck method that most people don't do after learning to type.

I took a class and still sucked. I am much better using the old method[/quote]

That's interesting. I figured most people would have been so ingrained from those classes that they would have retained it all.

I know I was a mediocre typist until I joined AOL about ten years ago. I found the chatrooms and I learned that if you wanted to have people read what you wrote and respond back, you had to type really, really fast. I became WAY faster than I am now because of that.

Looks like you accidentally deleted your own name too. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:27 am

I use my left thumb... and I'm a lefty. I took a typing class in middle school, but forgot what the correct technique was, if there is a 'right' way. Meh, I don't think I learned anything in that class - I only use my thumb, index, and middle fingers to type.

beanoX3 wrote:I sharpened my typing skills in AOL chatrooms back in the day too. Although I did also pick up some bad typing habits, such as un-intelligible shorthand and such. I don't think I ever got the family account TOS'ed though.

I rocked those AOL-chats back in the day. Got TOS'd quite a few times as well. The 'Cuna was such an internet bad-ass.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk