MLB 2K7 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

MLB 2K7

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:16 pm

Cards24 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:I'm going to get it this weekend. Is online play good for it?

Yes!!!

The swing bat feature is kinda hard to get used to but you can use the traditional "A" button to bat with (Thats what I use) Beware tho so guys might complain (cry :~( ) that you switch that feature.

I switch the feature as well. I think using the analog stick is unnecessary and makes hitting more difficult than it should be. The game is amazing though. I'm really happy with the purchase.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cards24 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:04 am

Anyone feel free to hit me up on xboxlive. My record is horrible (1-6) but part of that might be because I only use the D-backs :) while evryone else seems to like th yankees and sox (#1 and #2 rated teams, lol) :-t

I like to play with real relief pitchers not subbing in the starting rotation :-t Lets keep it real.

My xboxlive id is OzoneAz.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:28 am

Cards24 wrote:Anyone feel free to hit me up on xboxlive. My record is horrible (1-6) but part of that might be because I only use the D-backs :) while evryone else seems to like th yankees and sox (#1 and #2 rated teams, lol) :-t

I like to play with real relief pitchers not subbing in the starting rotation :-t Lets keep it real.

My xboxlive id is OzoneAz.

Cards, hook me up with an invite. My gamertag is "Pensky".
I just got the game last night. I actually love the swing feature. I find it a lot easier to hit the ball (That's in season mode though).
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Cards24 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:04 pm

Will do pensky.

Here are my findings about online play. First of all I suck!!! a couple reasons for my 6-21-0-0 record.

- I only use D-backs and in the start I played teams like Yankees and Mets. I am actually starting to use some better ranked teams to counter my opponets team. I still refuse to play with or against any top 5 team.

-Pitching (offense), This is very tricky. I swang at EVERYTHING!!! and my opponent was able to get the easy out with "junk" pitches.

-Pitching (defense), Some guys complain about this BUT just like in real life you have to throw a fair amount of ball pitches. If someone is going to swing at everything (like I used to do) give him junk. If everything is down the plate its pretty much a home run derby and the better bats will prevail.

Here are some suggestions I wish I knew before getting detroyed online, but all and all it has been fun. I love this game!!!
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:58 pm

Yeah, I see what you mean. I played my first ranked online game last night. The guy wouldn't throw me a darn strike, so I had to switch from my Swing-Stick to the "A" button. It was pretty fun game, he couldn't touch me while I was pitching, except for 2 homers that he hit early in the game with Howard and Utley. I was the Mets and left two hanging curve's over the middle and he took me yard. It was pretty sweet though. I love Orlando Hernandez. He has one pitch that is un-hittable.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Previous

Return to Video Games