Cheek and Bicep Constantly Tingling.....Causes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cheek and Bicep Constantly Tingling.....Causes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cheek and Bicep Constantly Tingling.....Causes?

Postby Karoz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:09 pm

Over the past week, my left cheek and my left bicep have been tingling, which is really annoying me. At first, I didn't mind it, as it almost felt like someone was massaging my left bicep, which was a good thing. However, it has started to become very annoying, and I would really like to make it stop.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? If so, do you have any suggestions as to how to stop it?
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:12 pm

I don't know what it is, but you should see a doctor. Even if it isn't even that painful/uncomfortable, just check it out to be safe.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:20 pm

I'm not a doctor. Take this with a grain of salt.

When I hear "tingling," the first thing I think about is nerve "issues." This could be like a pinched nerve affecting your left side or it could be a serious issue.

The second thing I think about this is that you say it's on your left side. Again, not being a doctor this is a wild guess, but it could be related to your heart. The left side is usually where you're going to feel heart-attack related pain, which is why I say that.

Now, DO NOT PANIC because I say this. Again, I'm just some schmoe on the internet. :-B

The bottom line is, GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR. Even if it's nothing or something really mild, at least you'll know.

If it is serious, the sooner you get it checked out the better.

So go get checked out!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:24 pm

I don't know if this is the same thing. I used to get twitches I couldn't control with biceps and calf. Doctor said it was something with the nervous system... or something, and that I would grow out of it. (This was when I was about 15) Was nothing to worry about for me and it went away after a few months with nothing really bad. Just a couple of tingles a bit. Wish I could remember the specifics but at the time I remember just being happy he said it would stop on its own.

I think age has something to do with it. If your over 18 I would recommend getting it checked out asap. Although if you have only been having it for a week I might not worry much.
Last edited by SniperShot on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Karoz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:24 pm

I scheduled an appointment with my doctor, but it's not until Tuesday.

My initial thought was that I had a pinched nerve in my neck. I have tried stretching my neck as often as I can, but it hasn't helped thus far. Hopefully it isn't related to my heart in any way, but just as you said, the fact that it is my left side does raise a few concerns.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:25 pm

I think knapps assessment is pretty good. For sure go get your checked out! It may be nothing but it may be something serious that can be helped with early detection. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:05 pm

If you're a tennis player with a two-handed backhand I would guess that you are overswinging and hitting yourself in the face. That's my best guess. Go see a doctor and ask him to check out your backhand.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:10 pm

I was going to say basically what Knapp said- it's good that you scheduled an appt.

Best of luck.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:07 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:If you're a tennis player with a two-handed backhand I would guess that you are overswinging and hitting yourself in the face. That's my best guess. Go see a doctor and ask him to check out your backhand.

Oh, man, this cracked me up. :-b

Seriously, though, go see a doctor.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:29 pm

It could be a side effect or reaction from your current medication. Are you taking anything now?

Also, is it more of a tingling feeling or a pulsating beat or combination of both?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk