Outdoorsman becomes Outcast after Gun Remark - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Outdoorsman becomes Outcast after Gun Remark

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:55 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:My assault rifle's an SKS. They aren't the most accurate anyway, but if I were to nail something, there wouldn't be much left.


I've heard of more than one person using an SKS to hunt Deer.
I know a guy who did, and he shot a doe with it last I saw and it wasn't torn up at all. :-?


Yeah, I guess I was referencing the story and referring to smaller animals. Problem with using an SKS to hunt deer is, as aformentioned, it can be 'unfair'. I have a 30 round banana clip so I wouldn't have to hit on the first shot. Or second, or third... I could basically just spray as many bullets as I can in its general direction and be pretty sure I'd hit the thing. Where's the challenge in that? Plus, the fact that the gun itself is not very accurate makes hunting with it irresponsible. You could easily miss and injure an animal instead of kill it.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Kilroy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:04 pm

I used to have a Winchester Model 1894 Lever-Action 30/30. That gun was incredibly accurate. I miss it. :,-(
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:57 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:My assault rifle's an SKS. They aren't the most accurate anyway, but if I were to nail something, there wouldn't be much left.


I've heard of more than one person using an SKS to hunt Deer.
I know a guy who did, and he shot a doe with it last I saw and it wasn't torn up at all. :-?


Yeah, I guess I was referencing the story and referring to smaller animals. Problem with using an SKS to hunt deer is, as aformentioned, it can be 'unfair'. I have a 30 round banana clip so I wouldn't have to hit on the first shot. Or second, or third... I could basically just spray as many bullets as I can in its general direction and be pretty sure I'd hit the thing. Where's the challenge in that? Plus, the fact that the gun itself is not very accurate makes hunting with it irresponsible. You could easily miss and injure an animal instead of kill it.


Yeah, this is the basic reason why I don't care for assault rifles. What's the fun if you don't have to have any sort of a challenge to it.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:13 pm

I've linked this site a hundred times here it seems whenever gun-related stuff is discussed, but for more info on what different guns & ammo will do to a target when they hit it (including penetration vs "tumbling" etc) go to

The Box o' Truth

EDIT: I had the wrong address in the link :-/
Last edited by lmcjaho on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Postby knapplc » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:05 pm

lmcjaho wrote:I've linked this site a hundred times here it seems whenever gun-related stuff is discussed, but for more info on what different guns & ammo will do to a target when they hit it (including penetration vs "tumbling" etc) go to

The Box of Truth


What do I do once I get there? Type something in the search field? :-?
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:06 pm

knapplc wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:I've linked this site a hundred times here it seems whenever gun-related stuff is discussed, but for more info on what different guns & ammo will do to a target when they hit it (including penetration vs "tumbling" etc) go to

The Box of Truth


What do I do once I get there? Type something in the search field? :-?


It appears that the domain was sold. :-b
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:24 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:My assault rifle's an SKS. They aren't the most accurate anyway, but if I were to nail something, there wouldn't be much left.


I've heard of more than one person using an SKS to hunt Deer.
I know a guy who did, and he shot a doe with it last I saw and it wasn't torn up at all. :-?


Yeah, I guess I was referencing the story and referring to smaller animals. Problem with using an SKS to hunt deer is, as aformentioned, it can be 'unfair'. I have a 30 round banana clip so I wouldn't have to hit on the first shot. Or second, or third... I could basically just spray as many bullets as I can in its general direction and be pretty sure I'd hit the thing. Where's the challenge in that? Plus, the fact that the gun itself is not very accurate makes hunting with it irresponsible. You could easily miss and injure an animal instead of kill it.


Yeah, this is the basic reason why I don't care for assault rifles. What's the fun if you don't have to have any sort of a challenge to it.


Assault rifles are a lot of fun to shoot. Just not at animals. ;-D ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:My assault rifle's an SKS. They aren't the most accurate anyway, but if I were to nail something, there wouldn't be much left.


I've heard of more than one person using an SKS to hunt Deer.
I know a guy who did, and he shot a doe with it last I saw and it wasn't torn up at all. :-?


Yeah, I guess I was referencing the story and referring to smaller animals. Problem with using an SKS to hunt deer is, as aformentioned, it can be 'unfair'. I have a 30 round banana clip so I wouldn't have to hit on the first shot. Or second, or third... I could basically just spray as many bullets as I can in its general direction and be pretty sure I'd hit the thing. Where's the challenge in that? Plus, the fact that the gun itself is not very accurate makes hunting with it irresponsible. You could easily miss and injure an animal instead of kill it.


Yeah, this is the basic reason why I don't care for assault rifles. What's the fun if you don't have to have any sort of a challenge to it.


Assault rifles are a lot of fun to shoot. Just not at animals. ;-D ;-)


I ahve no doubt about that at all. I have never had the chance, but have heard that they are awesome. ;-D
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:32 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:My assault rifle's an SKS. They aren't the most accurate anyway, but if I were to nail something, there wouldn't be much left.


I've heard of more than one person using an SKS to hunt Deer.
I know a guy who did, and he shot a doe with it last I saw and it wasn't torn up at all. :-?


Yeah, I guess I was referencing the story and referring to smaller animals. Problem with using an SKS to hunt deer is, as aformentioned, it can be 'unfair'. I have a 30 round banana clip so I wouldn't have to hit on the first shot. Or second, or third... I could basically just spray as many bullets as I can in its general direction and be pretty sure I'd hit the thing. Where's the challenge in that? Plus, the fact that the gun itself is not very accurate makes hunting with it irresponsible. You could easily miss and injure an animal instead of kill it.


Yeah, this is the basic reason why I don't care for assault rifles. What's the fun if you don't have to have any sort of a challenge to it.


Assault rifles are a lot of fun to shoot. Just not at animals. ;-D ;-)


I ahve no doubt about that at all. I have never had the chance, but have heard that they are awesome. ;-D


Mine in particular is a Soviet SKS supposedly used in the Korean War. Equipped with a 30-round banana clip (you can't buy around here anymore), bayonet, and hammer & sickle brand on the butt.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:57 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
levittator31 wrote:It doesn't take much skill to use an machine gun to attack a helpless prairie dog.


Thing Is, are they really that helpless?

Image

I wonder. :-?


There's a lotta truth in what you say!!!

Image

:-D :-b
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:28 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact