First a Crackhead Principal, Now This... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

First a Crackhead Principal, Now This...

Moderator: Football Moderators

First a Crackhead Principal, Now This...

Postby Kilroy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:22 am

From msn.com:

Texting 101: Don’t send pot messages to cop
Kentucky teacher sent trooper drug-deal details intended for dealer

Updated: 2:35 p.m. MT Feb 24, 2007

MURRAY, Ky. - A middle school teacher trying to buy pot was arrested after she sent text messages to state trooper instead of a dealer, police said.

Trooper Trevor Pervine was at dinner with his wife and parents celebrating a birthday when his phone started buzzing with messages about a marijuana purchase.

At first, Pervine thought the messages were from friends playing a joke, Kentucky State Police spokesman Barry Meadows said. But a couple of phone calls put that idea to rest, and Pervine responded to set up a meeting, Meadows said.

Authorities say Ann Greenfield, 34, arrived at the meeting point and found Pervine and other law enforcement officers waiting for her.

“She learned her lesson. Program your dealers into your phone,” Meadows said.

Greenfield, a teacher at Murray Middle School, was charged with conspiracy to traffic in controlled substances within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, Meadows said.

She was suspended with pay pending results of an investigation, the Murray Independent School District said in a statement posted Friday on the district’s Web site. A message seeking comment left at a listing for an Ann Greenfield in Murray, Ky. was not returned.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:35 am

I'm glad she learned the lesson to "program your dealers into your phone". If you get suspended with pay, is it really a punishment?
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:47 am

BlueBandit24 wrote:I'm glad she learned the lesson to "program your dealers into your phone". If you get suspended with pay, is it really a punishment?

Innocent until PROVEN guilty. I'm sure the teacher's union would never let them axe her until she's convicted of something. At the same time, you don't want her teaching, so you suspend her with pay.

Your taxpayer dollars at work. ;-D
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:42 am

Darwin award for this one? :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby maddog60 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:23 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Darwin award for this one? :-b

You have to die for it, but maybe she can get Honorable Mention.

Until convicted I agree with her not being fired, though this looks like an open and shut case. What bothers me, is the quote from the State Police spokesman. Why on earth would he say "Program your dealers into your phone?" Does he actually want criminals to act smarter? Just me, but if I'm a cop, i want the dumbest most foolish criminals out there any time I'm on the job. Only makes life easier for everyone.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:43 am

maddog60 wrote:

Oh, I didn't know they had to be dead to win. :-B

maddog60 wrote:Until convicted I agree with her not being fired, though this looks like an open and shut case. What bothers me, is the quote from the State Police spokesman. Why on earth would he say "Program your dealers into your phone?" Does he actually want criminals to act smarter? Just me, but if I'm a cop, i want the dumbest most foolish criminals out there any time I'm on the job. Only makes life easier for everyone.

He was probably mocking the alleged by the comment would be my guess. I don't think he'd actually offer up advise to a criminal. However, we did have a cop come into our class when I was in high school and advise us that if we were going to steal/rob anything it should be ATM machines.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:46 am

dgan wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:I'm glad she learned the lesson to "program your dealers into your phone". If you get suspended with pay, is it really a punishment?

Innocent until PROVEN guilty. I'm sure the teacher's union would never let them axe her until she's convicted of something. At the same time, you don't want her teaching, so you suspend her with pay.

Your taxpayer dollars at work. ;-D

Very true, I wasn't exactly thinking from every angle. Never post late at night. :-D
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:57 pm

Here's how I see it....
Principal>>>Teacher
Crack>>>>>>>Weed. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:08 pm

maddog60 wrote:

Until convicted I agree with her not being fired, though this looks like an open and shut case. What bothers me, is the quote from the State Police spokesman. Why on earth would he say "Program your dealers into your phone?" Does he actually want criminals to act smarter? Just me, but if I'm a cop, i want the dumbest most foolish criminals out there any time I'm on the job. Only makes life easier for everyone.

Maybe he just had a sense of humor. :-? Do you honestly think that comment will help anybody purchase marijuana easier? 8-o

I think not. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:22 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:However, we did have a cop come into our class when I was in high school and advise us that if we were going to steal/rob anything it should be ATM machines.

Well, that makes sense because it would most likely be strictly a property crime in that case...

We had someone try to steal the ATM at the little strip mall near our cottage a few years back by attaching a chain to the back of his pickup and trying to yank the thing out of its moorings... Unfortunately for our brilliant criminal, the machine was stronger than his truck, and the chain yanked his bumper off instead. Said genius then proceeded to book it out of there, neglecting to collect said bumper and HIS LICENSE PLATE from the ground first :-B
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk