NFL Combine Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

NFL Combine Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby roninmedia » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:12 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Some reports coming out are that Chris Leak scored an 8 on the wonderlic

He actually graduated from UF. Young didn't from UT. !+)
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:16 pm

LSU safety LaRon Landry ran a 4.35 forty time at the NFL Scouting Combine. He also had an outstanding vertical jump.

Arkansas' Chris Houston, who is an excellent press corner, was the fastest in his group at 4.32. He also benched 225 pounds 27 times. Michican CB Leon Hall put any doubts about his speed to rest, running a 4.39 forty and had the longest broad jump. Fresno's Marcus McCauley also ran well with a 4.39. Feb. 27 - 12:44 pm et
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:37 pm

roninmedia wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Some reports coming out are that Chris Leak scored an 8 on the wonderlic

He actually graduated from UF. Young didn't from UT. !+)

Honestly i think the wonderlic is overrated, i mean Eli scored higher than Peyton, Leaf scored like a 28, but it is just one more strike against Leak. I mean he is not real athletic so he needs to be smart. He is going to be a backup somewhere, but this makes his stock drop lower IMO
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Felix the Cat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:27 pm

He got an 8... on a 12 question sample Wonderlic. That corresponds to around a 33 on the actual test.

From all accounts here at UF, Leak is actually very intelligent. Heck, he has a higher GPA then me, that's for sure!

(Contrast that to Tim Tebow, who reportedly got an 890 on the SAT.)
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:33 pm

Felix the Cat wrote:He got an 8... on a 12 question sample Wonderlic. That corresponds to around a 33 on the actual test.

From all accounts here at UF, Leak is actually very intelligent. Heck, he has a higher GPA then me, that's for sure!

(Contrast that to Tim Tebow, who reportedly got an 890 on the SAT.)

ahhh thank you for the clarification i know he is smart
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:00 pm

so I'm watching the combine today saying, dang this robison guy's a stud, where's he on everyone's draft boards?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 8)

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:12 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:LSU safety LaRon Landry ran a 4.35 forty time at the NFL Scouting Combine. He also had an outstanding vertical jump.

Arkansas' Chris Houston, who is an excellent press corner, was the fastest in his group at 4.32. He also benched 225 pounds 27 times. Michican CB Leon Hall put any doubts about his speed to rest, running a 4.39 forty and had the longest broad jump. Fresno's Marcus McCauley also ran well with a 4.39. Feb. 27 - 12:44 pm et

That Houston is one heck of a corner. He impressed me every time I saw him play. He was a huge part in enabling Arkansas to be so aggressive on defense. He also hits hard and makes tackles. He pretty dang good in my opinion. And 4.32 speed!?!?! dang thats some wheels
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:56 pm

Felix the Cat wrote:From all accounts here at UF, Leak is actually very intelligent. Heck, he has a higher GPA then me, that's for sure!

Must've missed this last week... but just because Chris Leak has a higher GPA than you doesn't mean anything. These guys get tutoring like you don't even know about and are required to be studying a certain amount of time each week. I'm not saying that Leak is a moron but he certainly isn't going to be splitting the atom anytime soon. He is smart enough however to pick up and understand coverages/defenses and anything else that NFL defenses throw at him.

I don't think there is that high of a correlation between college GPA and NFL IQ. Some people just understand football and realize how things work in it but can't point out a noun in a sentence if their life depended on it. Different minds are set up different ways and one personality/intelligence test shouldn't weigh that much as to how high a player is drafted IMO.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to College Football