Most Widely Accepted Rules for Dynasty/Salary Cap Leagues - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Most Widely Accepted Rules for Dynasty/Salary Cap Leagues

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most Widely Accepted Rules for Dynasty/Salary Cap Leagues

Postby skeeter31 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:58 pm

Hey,

Me and a couple of other guys from various FF leagues are thinking of starting a Dynsaty League in Fantasy Football. I've got a few questions:

What are the most widely accpeted rules for Dynasty Leagues? In terms of whether to use salary caps or not?

Is there a site out there like "Cot's" (They list all the contracts for MLB players) for Football?
-We're all in a Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League that uses Cot's for the salaries and I was wondering if there was something like that for football.

My main question though is whether or not to include salaries and a salary cap. It adds a new dimension to the game in Baseball, but the salaries are so accesible. Is it simpler to just do without salaries?

Thanks in advance!
skeeter31
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Felix the Cat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:20 am

The NFL Players' Association website has salary information on each active player, but it is not very well organized and presented, and is of questionable accuracy.

However, most NFL salary cap leagues use a salary provider that gives fantasy salaries based on the previous year's performance, or they use an auction to determine initial salaries and free agent salaries.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:28 am

Most leagues that do salaries based on players actual salaries don't work because the top players make almost no actual "salary," but instead make a small salary and huge signing bonus. Your best bet would be to auction off the players.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner