Gruden Talking with Quinn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Gruden Talking with Quinn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gruden Talking with Quinn

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:26 pm

St. Petersberg times is reporting that Gruden had a private meeting with Quinn in a hotel room to discuss the possability of the Bucs drafting him. My biggest fear is that Thomas and CJ are gone and Gruden has the option fo taking Quinn. The last thing we need is to start over with a new QB. If Jon does this he will have sealed his fate as being out of a job after this year.

On the other hand we did have many private discussions with Mike Williams before that draft and he thought we were going to pick him and we didn't so lets hope thats what this is.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:59 pm

Seems like your talking to yourself in here so I thought I'd throw you a bone and pretend for a bit. :-b I agree that Quinn is probably not the best way to go with your first round pick considering your current QB situation. (I personally think he's highly overrated anyway and that if he falls past TB you guys dodged a bullet)

That said, I was watching ESPN earlier today and one of the analysts (i forget who) said that Garcia would undoubtedly end up with the Bucs. What are your feelings on him/how he would fit with Tampa Bay?

p.s. I wish you had taken Mike Williams :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3118
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami University (OH)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:29 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:Seems like your talking to yourself in here so I thought I'd throw you a bone and pretend for a bit. :-b I agree that Quinn is probably not the best way to go with your first round pick considering your current QB situation. (I personally think he's highly overrated anyway and that if he falls past TB you guys dodged a bullet)

That said, I was watching ESPN earlier today and one of the analysts (i forget who) said that Garcia would undoubtedly end up with the Bucs. What are your feelings on him/how he would fit with Tampa Bay?

p.s. I wish you had taken Mike Williams :-b


I don't want Garcia. He seems like a quick fix to save Chuckies butt for another year. The more i thought about it, i actually am ok with the drafting Quinn, but if they do they still need to win this year or Gruden needs to go(i want him gone now). Garcia has used the Bucs in the past to get himself more money (Browns, Lions) when he was a FA. I think Simms could handle it if we gave him a line that could block for him every now and then and not let him get destroyed or open holes for a RB.

I wanted us to draft Williams at the time. I am still not sold on Caddy, my dream pick is AD, but it won't happen. We should have kept TJ and drafted Defense with that 5 pick the year we took Caddy
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:56 pm

Hah! I told you the bucs would get Garcia! :-b Have fun with that old fogey ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3118
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami University (OH)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:02 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:Hah! I told you the bucs would get Garcia! :-b Have fun with that old fogey ;-D


I know i know :-t
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:18 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:Hah! I told you the bucs would get Garcia! :-b Have fun with that old fogey ;-D


I know i know :-t


No but if nothing else he can be a good mentor with the young talent (Gradkowski is a stud from Toledo, Ohio my home town) and can help them out for the future.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3118
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami University (OH)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:24 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:Hah! I told you the bucs would get Garcia! :-b Have fun with that old fogey ;-D


I know i know :-t


No but if nothing else he can be a good mentor with the young talent (Gradkowski is a stud from Toledo, Ohio my home town) and can help them out for the future.


I honestly don't think Grad will be an NFL starter. Garcia can't show Simms anything he didn't learn from Brad Johnson. This is only to save Gruden's job
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:49 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:Hah! I told you the bucs would get Garcia! :-b Have fun with that old fogey ;-D


I know i know :-t


No but if nothing else he can be a good mentor with the young talent (Gradkowski is a stud from Toledo, Ohio my home town) and can help them out for the future.


I honestly don't think Grad will be an NFL starter. Garcia can't show Simms anything he didn't learn from Brad Johnson. This is only to save Gruden's job


I think you'd be surprised... I saw grad play a lot in college a lot in person... He was much like Big ben. I think if he gets a chance and a good O-Line he could be seriously solid.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3118
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami University (OH)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:57 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:Hah! I told you the bucs would get Garcia! :-b Have fun with that old fogey ;-D


I know i know :-t


No but if nothing else he can be a good mentor with the young talent (Gradkowski is a stud from Toledo, Ohio my home town) and can help them out for the future.


I honestly don't think Grad will be an NFL starter. Garcia can't show Simms anything he didn't learn from Brad Johnson. This is only to save Gruden's job


I think you'd be surprised... I saw grad play a lot in college a lot in person... He was much like Big ben. I think if he gets a chance and a good O-Line he could be seriously solid.


Oh i watched him a lot. he won me a butt load of money as they were always dogs and i took the points. I like that he has a high passing %, in fact he had the highest in NCAA history, but he can't throw a deep ball
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby RWLongy4 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:58 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:Hah! I told you the bucs would get Garcia! :-b Have fun with that old fogey ;-D


I know i know :-t


No but if nothing else he can be a good mentor with the young talent (Gradkowski is a stud from Toledo, Ohio my home town) and can help them out for the future.


I honestly don't think Grad will be an NFL starter. Garcia can't show Simms anything he didn't learn from Brad Johnson. This is only to save Gruden's job


I think you'd be surprised... I saw grad play a lot in college a lot in person... He was much like Big ben. I think if he gets a chance and a good O-Line he could be seriously solid.


Oh i watched him a lot. he won me a butt load of money as they were always dogs and i took the points. I like that he has a high passing %, in fact he had the highest in NCAA history, but he can't throw a deep ball


True that... Something that is not too hard to work on though. Congrats on the mug by the way... i thought you'd missed this round... Grats ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3118
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami University (OH)


Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:53 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact