Hurricane- Guilty or Innocent? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hurricane- Guilty or Innocent?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hurricane- Guilty or Innocent?

Postby sportsaddict » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Someone showed me this website that attempts to prove that Rubin "Hurricane" Carter did in fact committ the murders he was originally convicted for. I don't necessarily believe it but it makes some interesting points. I'd be inclined to think that the majority of the posters here know the story, but if you don't, check out this site and it tells you about the original case. I thought the site was pretty interesting, whether it be right or wrong.

http://www.graphicwitness.com/carter/

I've seen the movie "Hurricane," and I have to say its one of my favorite moves. Even if Carter was guilty this still was an unbelievable movie. I don't care about the real facts, I watch movies to be entertained, not to be educated. :-b That's why I don't like that fact that a lot of people agree that the movie was good but don't like it because its not neccesarily true.

Also Bob Dylan's "Hurricane" is one of my favorite songs of all time. The site actually has a link where it "dissects" the lyrics, but its extremely stupid. It basically just dissects every single word in the song and tries to make outrageous claims like how the quotes are made up. I guess they don't realize Dylan just made those quotes so they could rhyme.

So, what does everyone think? Guilty or innocent? :-b
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:25 pm

i agree with Bob Dylan
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk