Firefox add ons? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Firefox add ons?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Firefox add ons?

Postby m16a » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:44 pm

Howdy ppls. this can be a nice brief thread. I would just like some nice quick advice! I just got Firefox and I definitely like it a lot. Aside from ESPN Bottomline, are there any other good add ons that all you firefox fans would suggest? i mean anything you think good and a link to download them. thanks a lot.
Jason
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:15 pm

I've got Adblock Plus and Flashblock installed. Adblock does a good job of killing what popups Firefox itself can't kill and prevents other normal ads from loading on the page. Flashblock prevents Flash objects from running on the page but lets you selectively start any Flash object you want. And both have a whitelist.

I'm sure most people who use Firefox will know this, but a ton more add-ons can be found at Mozilla's website here.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 pm

President Bush Countdown 1.1.1 by Mark Roth

A timer that counts down the number of days remaining in George W. Bush's term as President of the United States. Clicking on the countdown shows a more detailed timer and enables people to air their grievances on newprez.com. An icon shows when there is a new topic for discussion or a vote. Both Democrats and Republicans can enjoy this extension (for different reasons)!

Haha that owns. I just DLed the ESPN bottom line and I keep getting an error message when I start up firefox now, something with allow some sort of crap something. Maybe something with my firewall or permissions or something.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby confused_jake » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:37 pm

The ones I have are the ESPN bottomline, Adblock-Plus, and Forecast Fox. Forecast fox is pretty convenient, i dont have to go to weather.com to see what the weather is like and after comparing them, their predictions are about the same.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:49 pm

confused_jake wrote:Forecast fox is pretty convenient, i dont have to go to weather.com to see what the weather is like and after comparing them, their predictions are about the same.

I have that one, too. It's pretty convenient to just glance down and see the predictions for the next couple of days.

What I want to know is when is the Cafe going to have their own FF add-on? Something that alerts you to posts in certain threads or to PMs or stuff like that. THAT is what I want.

Menyak?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:55 pm

knapplc wrote:
confused_jake wrote:Forecast fox is pretty convenient, i dont have to go to weather.com to see what the weather is like and after comparing them, their predictions are about the same.

I have that one, too. It's pretty convenient to just glance down and see the predictions for the next couple of days.

What I want to know is when is the Cafe going to have their own FF add-on? Something that alerts you to posts in certain threads or to PMs or stuff like that. THAT is what I want.

Menyak?

Now that would be really cool...Get this man a lightbulb icon ;-D :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:23 pm

BBCode Xtra

That is an AWESOME add-on. It allows you to type up bbCode posts easier. ;-D ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:53 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:BBCode Xtra

That is an AWESOME add-on. It allows you to type up bbCode posts easier. ;-D ;-D

I had this on my Firefox, but I think it kept telling me it couldn't find a workable version with Firefox 2.0 or something. Maybe it works now; I'll have to try and update it.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:47 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:BBCode Xtra

I had this on my Firefox, but I think it kept telling me it couldn't find a workable version with Firefox 2.0 or something. Maybe it works now; I'll have to try and update it.

I downloaded it the second I updated to Firefox 2.0 from IE and it has always worked for me.

Another one is the Download StatusBar. It replaces that annoying poop-up thingy with a nice bar when you hit download. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:43 pm

forecast fox is awesome!!! dude i love FF im never ever ever usin IE again!!!!!!!
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Next

Return to General Talk