Did anyone see Clippers' Livingston dislocate his knee? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Did anyone see Clippers' Livingston dislocate his knee?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:08 am

Guy needs to get in touch with the people that helped rehab Robert Edwards' leg. Stat. 8-o

Damn, that's tough just to look at. Reminds me of gruesome injuries to Napoleon McCallum and Willis McGahee. Just terrible to see that happen to someone. But, if a guy like Robert Edwards came back from a nearly equally devastating injury and play football, I think it's fair to say this guy has hope of coming back.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:27 am

It's already been mentioned, but the worst I've ever seen live were Theisman & McGahee. Theisman's was the worst by far (IMO), partly because they showed it over and over and over and over again during the broadcast of the game. I'll also never forget LT's reaction. Once he heard Theisman screaming in pain he quickly motioned to the Washington sideline, waving for their trainers to get on the field. To this day whenever I see or hear Theisman all I can think of is "LT...snap!". McGahee's was brutal to watch also but to me Theisman's injury was the worst I ever saw live.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Kilroy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm

Livingston tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, and lateral meiniscus, as well as dislocating his tibia and patella. He'll likely be out for the '07-'08 season if he ever plays again.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Flux » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:29 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:Livingston tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, and lateral meiniscus, as well as dislocating his tibia and patella. He'll likely be out for the '07-'08 season if he ever plays again.

Thats a bad news day for sure :-t
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:30 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:Livingston tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, and lateral meiniscus, as well as dislocating his tibia and patella. He'll likely be out for the '07-'08 season if he ever plays again.

Yeah, I heard today that this is the worst possible knee injury and that he would be out for 8-12 months (officially) but some were saying they would be surprised if he played again next season if at all.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby niblet » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:31 pm

The worst injury ever has to be David Busst's leg injury. His playing career came to an end on April 8, 1996 for Coventry, against Manchester United. Two minutes into the match, Busst collided with United players Denis Irwin and Brian McClair, resulting in extensive fractures to both the tibia and fibula of his right leg. The match had to be delayed for 15 minutes while the blood was cleaned off the pitch. It is reputed that Manchester United's goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel vomited on the pitch upon seeing the injury and had to have counselling afterwards, along with a number of other players. It is commonly regarded as the worst single injury ever witnessed in the Premiership's history, made even more tragic because Busst was in the running for an England squad call-up at the time.
Busst's injuries were so bad that he at one point ran the risk of having his leg amputated. Despite having 26 operations, Busst remained a member of the Coventry squad but never played again and retired from the game following advice from his doctors on 6 November 1996 at the age of 29.

niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:38 pm

There is the picture from above ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 pm

holy sh** thats nasty
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:52 pm

whodey#9 wrote:holy sh** thats nasty

I know man, my knee hurts just looking at it. I've had some injuries that are pretty painful but I can't even imagine how any of these guys feel. !+)
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk