Clayton reporting Tatum Bell being shopped - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Clayton reporting Tatum Bell being shopped

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:02 am

I could be wrong. Last year, late first rounders Addai and Maroney got 5yr 8mil deals. Droughns' 4 year extension was for 13mil. :-o

That is a gross overpayment IMO, but still I may have been incorrect. We'd probably be paying as much if not more for a FA RB as we would for Lynch.

I'd still like to go safety in the first round, though. There are so many ways to address our needs at RB. Morency is going to earn some playing time, so we could resign Green for another year, acquire Bell or Travis Henry. Tons of options.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:13 pm

well, Bell is all but gone to Detroit. I think we either resign Ahman or draft someone. I've heard rumors of a draft pick in the middle rounds who the pack like. If they slip to the 2nd we could take Brian Leonard or Michael Bush. Also Lorenzo Booker is an interesting option in the middle rounds though he wasn't very productive in college. I think Vernand Morency could push for the starting spot if we draft someone later than the first and lose Ahman.

As far as other guys I like Kevin Curtis, but Detroit will love him because of Martz and his knowledge of the Martz system. Justin Griffith proved to me this year that he can be a threat with the ball in his hands or even running the ball. Him and Miree as a blocker would be a good combo at FB.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GreenBay4Life » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:25 pm

New info on Tatum Bell

PACKERS CHASING BELL

As they scramble to attempt to fill the void left by the sudden departure of mainstay running back Ahman Green to the Texans, we're told that the Packers have contacted the Lions about a possible trade for running back Tatum Bell.

Bell was acquired by the Lions last week as part of the Dre' Bly deal. As we've reported, both Bell and former Broncos tackle George Foster are candidates to be traded again.

We're also told that the Packers contacted the Bears about the availability of running back Thomas Jones, but the Bears said that he is not available. It remains to be seen whether the Bears would be willing to trade him to a team other than their intra-division arch-rivals.

Detroit's willingness to shop Bell doesn't mean that the team is looking to shed tailbacks. We're told that running back T.J. Duckett currently is in the building, and that the Lions are expected to try to get him signed.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Green Bay Packers