My 1st sig! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

My 1st sig!

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

My 1st sig!

Postby boehlerking01 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:09 pm

Ok I was playing around with photoshop and with my daughters hepl I came up with this for my first one.....What do you guys think??I know Its baseball but my brat kid is a yankees fan....

Last edited by boehlerking01 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boehlerking01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:06 pm

heres one I did for my boys web site.

I'm gonna have to come up with some cute little signature I can put into these.

boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:17 pm

Both of them are good looking for your first tries. One thing I would suggest is to customize your font a bit more.

I have found that http://www.abstractfonts.com has a good setup with free fonts that you can browse through before you download. If you have any questions I would be glad to help you out. Just let me know ;-D keep the sigs comin ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby boehlerking01 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:01 am

Thank you for the encouragement and Thank you for the font site! I was trying to make a few modifications to my fonts.I would like the font to look like its almost invisable...you know kinda like its just blended into the background but still readable...I have seen some of the other sigs looking that way and was trying to get that effect myself...I just failed miserably.I havent had a chance to watch ALL of the tutorial vids...Does one of them show me how to do this?I like the Tutorial about cutting a player out! very nice and it helped me big time...It was easy to understand and that is very helpful too Thanks guys! I think my backgrounds are kinda generic so far but I'll get there.I might even take a request for my next one.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby boehlerking01 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:21 am

Also.....

I know that when I was looking for info on how to make sigs I came across a link to a site that has alot of player pics on it.I can't seem to find it again....Can someone hook me up with that link again or maybe make a stickie of good player pic sites so guys that are new to making sigs(like me) have a good idea where to find a bunch of pics to use.Google works but really seems like a pain in the butt, you get alot of results that don't really have much to do with the pic you are looking for.Thanks for any info you might be willing to share.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:27 am

http://www.sdsportsfanatic.com (these are already cut out)

Player pics are there. Also if you will go to the Contests and Showing off Forum here in the cafe, there is a sticky at the top of the page for a site with player pics.

Also for the fonts thing, just lower the opacity of the layer with the text in it or play aroud with the blending styles. (overlay, lighten, etc.)

I like to make white text layers, change them to overlay and then duplicate the layer a couple of times. Makes a nice effect. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:35 pm

thank you
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:59 pm

not bad at all for your first sigs man ;-D the best thing to do is just watch some tutorials, read some hints here and there, but mostly just playing around with stuff like effects and stuff. it all just kind of falls together when you start messing with stuff.

im gonna go ahead and move this thread to the proper forum...keep practicing and post your results here and we can surely answer any questions you might have. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:14 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:not bad at all for your first sigs man ;-D the best thing to do is just watch some tutorials, read some hints here and there, but mostly just playing around with stuff like effects and stuff. it all just kind of falls together when you start messing with stuff.

im gonna go ahead and move this thread to the proper forum...keep practicing and post your results here and we can surely answer any questions you might have. ;-D

Make sure you take some pointers from D.. He's like a god or something at making signatures ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:36 am

I would go ahead and add a border to all of your sigs... you'd be amazed to see how much that changes the way they look.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off