The Black Donnellys - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Black Donnellys

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Black Donnellys

Postby AVeagles27 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:01 pm

It don't know if anyone else watched this show, it started this past Monday after Heroes. This is probably my favorite show now. Just wanted to see if everyone's thoughts on it (if you watched).
AVeagles27
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Black Donnellys

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:12 pm

AVeagles27 wrote:It don't know if anyone else watched this show, it started this past Monday after Heroes. This is probably my favorite show now. Just wanted to see if everyone's thoughts on it (if you watched).

I DVR'ed b/c i couldn't watch it live. I am very excited for it
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:14 pm

I thought about watching this but since NBC plays the same Black Donnellys commercial every 2 minutes I got sick of it and decided to not watch. Maybe I should check it out next week.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 5 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:20 pm

I liked it. Too bad it's not on HBO...commercials and no cursing sometimes ruins "mob-type" shows.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sandrock » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:36 pm

It was good. It has serious potential but heroes is still my favorite.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:08 pm

Being Irish, I was really interested in seeing this, but I'm not sure I'd be all that thrilled with the violence. Not really my thing, and my wife is even worse with it. Oh well. :-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby AVeagles27 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:26 pm

Munboy wrote:Being Irish, I was really interested in seeing this, but I'm not sure I'd be all that thrilled with the violence. Not really my thing, and my wife is even worse with it. Oh well. :-D

I am also Irish, and I like the violence aspects, but that's the sytle I like. This reminds me also of a movie called Green Street Hooligans, a little different but the concepts are similar. If you are looking for movie close to this, I recommend it.
AVeagles27
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:48 pm

Munboy wrote:Being Irish, I was really interested in seeing this, but I'm not sure I'd be all that thrilled with the violence. Not really my thing, and my wife is even worse with it. Oh well. :-D

make that 3 of us Irish guys interested an show about irish brothers and violence :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:47 pm

AVeagles27 wrote:

I am also Irish, and I like the violence aspects, but that's the sytle I like. This reminds me also of a movie called Green Street Hooligans, a little different but the concepts are similar. If you are looking for movie close to this, I recommend it.

Green Street Hooligans was awesome! ;-D The commercials reminded me of The Boondock Saints. Probably because it was just Irish dudes killing people ;-D
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:52 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:
AVeagles27 wrote:

Green Street Hooligans was awesome! ;-D The commercials reminded me of The Boondock Saints. Probably because it was just Irish dudes killing people ;-D

i will have to check that one out. i love boondock saints, i wish the director and producer would get over their argument and make the sequal
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk