The Black Donnellys - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Black Donnellys

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:43 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:i will have to check that one out. i love boondock saints, i wish the director and producer would get over their argument and make the sequal

I love Boondock Saints too, but there are two big reasons I'd never want a see a sequel:

1) It will never top the original. Leave greatness great, don't mar it with a pathetic attempt to milk more money out of a good thing. Clerks II couldn't top Clerks, a Boondock Saints 2 won't do any better.

2) I don't think squabbling is the issue anymore. I remember reading a report that one of the guys that plays one of the brothers died, ODed. I wouldn't want them to do it without his character, or with someone else playing that character.

Oh, and I only got to see the first 1/3 of Black Donnellys, but loved it. Very cool.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:52 pm

maddog60 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:i will have to check that one out. i love boondock saints, i wish the director and producer would get over their argument and make the sequal

I love Boondock Saints too, but there are two big reasons I'd never want a see a sequel:

1) It will never top the original. Leave greatness great, don't mar it with a pathetic attempt to milk more money out of a good thing. Clerks II couldn't top Clerks, a Boondock Saints 2 won't do any better.

2) I don't think squabbling is the issue anymore. I remember reading a report that one of the guys that plays one of the brothers died, ODed. I wouldn't want them to do it without his character, or with someone else playing that character.

Oh, and I only got to see the first 1/3 of Black Donnellys, but loved it. Very cool.

wow didn't know that. I wouldn;t want someone else to play that guy either :-t
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:07 pm

the pilot was great, but i have my doubts it can stay intersting
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:15 am

maddog60 wrote:

The guy that wrote the script went off the deepend when he got famous as well, they even made a movie about it called Overnight.

I loved GSH and Boondock Saints and I am as Irish as you will find (both parents immigrants, baptised there, visited about 20 times) so I am pumped to watch this.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 am

Truly enjoyed the repeat of Black Donnelys the other night. The ending was surpsingly good, considering it's cable. I still can't get over that the one brother is "Smalls" from Sandlot.

Have Boondock Saints queued up in Netflix...looks pretty good, but I haven't heard much about it.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sandrock » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:27 am

maddog60 wrote:

Odd, I liked Clerks 2 much better than 1. But that was probably cause Kevin Smith finally figured out that color is a good thing.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AVeagles27 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:54 pm

Just watched the last episode after I got home from work. I thought that it was not as good as the first one but still an excellent one.

The way Tommy and Kevin got rid of the body seems fitting for everything that happened leading up to that point.

Now with Huey's brother in the show I believe that Tommy is going to kill him so he can stay alive. In the preview it shows that Huey's brother finds out who did the killing and what might happen, but they will not kill off the main character in the third episode.
AVeagles27
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:36 am

Just watched the first episode last nigh on DVR. Loved it. I am going to watch the second episode soon. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:37 pm

I thought the second episode was a bit of a letdown after the first, but the storyline is good. The writers have done a fantastic job so far.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:37 pm

pretty good show for regular tv. it's kinda like the departed meets the sopranos.
it's got a good time slot after heroes.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk