Jets Sign Cotchery To A Contract Extension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Jets Sign Cotchery To A Contract Extension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jets Sign Cotchery To A Contract Extension

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:35 am

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article ... -extension

The New York Jets announced the signing of wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery to a contract extension. The announcement was made by Jets’ General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

“Jerricho Cotchery is the type of player we are looking for here,” Tannenbaum said. “He earned a starting role this year and showed the productivity and consistency we want at that position. I am pleased Jerricho will remain a New York Jet.”

Cotchery, in his third year from North Carolina State, started all 16 games and the playoff game in the 2006 season and established career highs with 82 catches for 961 yards (11.7 yards per catch), including six touchdown receptions.

“Jerricho Cotchery exemplifies everything we are looking for in our players," said Head Coach Eric Mangini. “He is smart, tough, hardworking, selfless, competitive and football is important to him. During training camp, he took advantage of the opportunity to compete and became not only a starter but a key contributor to what the team was able to accomplish in 2006. I am pleased that Jerricho will remain with the Jets for years to come.”

Cotchery hooked up with Chad Pennington for the two longest plays of the Jets’ 2006 season. His 71-yard touchdown catch-and-run Week Two vs. the Patriots was the longest regular season play from scrimmage for the Jets. In the playoff game at New England, he had four receptions for 100 yards, which included a game-high 77-yard touchdown reception from Pennington.

“It was an easy process,” Cotchery said of the negotiation. “I wasn’t expecting them to come to me a year early, but they did and it was very easy. It was a number that I wanted and it had to be fair for both sides. It ended up being that, and I’m thankful they were able to get it done.”

Originally from Birmimgham, AL, Cotchery had 25 receptions in his first two seasons as his main role was on special teams. He returned a kickoff 94 yards for a touchdown, the first score of his career, in the 2004 regular season finale at St. Louis.

;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:56 am

Sweet!! I heard this yesterday at around 3:30 on ESPN News. I was extremely excited. I think Cotchery is going to be a stand out this year.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:10 pm

Good move by the Jets. Heard they might look to lock up Rhodes to an extension even though they can wait until next year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:51 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Good move by the Jets. Heard they might look to lock up Rhodes to an extension even though they can wait until next year.

That would be awesome. ;-D

I really wish Thomas went to the Jets instead of NE. Really, I just wish he went to anyone outside the AFC & NFC East divisions (if he didn't go to the Jets or Giants), but Thomas in NE is going to suck. :,-(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:06 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:That would be awesome. ;-D

I really wish Thomas went to the Jets instead of NE. Really, I just wish he went to anyone outside the AFC & NFC East divisions (if he didn't go to the Jets or Giants), but Thomas in NE is going to suck. :,-(

I agree. Adalius to NE is a shot threw the heart. I also hope they sign Rhodes to a very long - term deal. He deserves it tremendously. He is one of the top Safties in the leagues.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Return to New York Jets