JAKE PLUMMER TO RETIRE?? (merged) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

JAKE PLUMMER TO RETIRE?? (merged)

Moderator: Football Moderators

JAKE PLUMMER TO RETIRE?? (merged)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:35 am

Just heard this on ESPN...looking for a link.

EDIT: No link available at this time. :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sox 06 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:37 am

ESPN.com has learned that the Denver Broncos have reached agreement in principle on most of the elements of a trade that will send veteran quarterback Jake Plummer to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Under the terms being discussed, the Broncos would receive a middle-round draft choice, believed to be a fourth-rounder, in exchange for Plummer. The trade could be announced as early as Friday.

Tampa Bay re-signed Chris Simms to a two-year contract earlier this offseason. But with Simms coming off a 2006 season in which he underwent an emergency splenectomy, the Bucs have been shopping for a veteran quarterback to bolster the depth chart.

Veteran backup Tim Rattay became an unrestricted free agent on Friday and was not expected to return to Tampa Bay.

Plummer, 32, lost his starting job in Denver to rookie Jay Cutler late last season and the Broncos have been entertaining trade offers in the offseason. A 10-year veteran, Plummer has started 136 games in stints with Arizona (1997-2002) and Denver (2003-2006). He has completed 2,484 of 4,350 passes for 29,253 yards, with 161 touchdown passes and 161 interceptions, for a passer rating of 74.6.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2785459
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikus » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:38 am

I suppose this hurts Jeff Garcia's chances of landing a starting gig in Tampa.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby BigDballer » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am

Doh our post 2 mins or so apart! :-o

Plummer a maybe sleeper next year? I think he is better than Simms, well any of the QBs they have now.
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:47 am

Dang! Didn't expect that one!

That really shakes things up.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:47 am

OMG NOOOOOOO

I HATE U JON GRUDEN :-# :-#
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

BigDballer wrote:Doh our post 2 mins or so apart! :-o

Plummer a maybe sleeper next year? I think he is better than Simms, well any of the QBs they have now.

I actually made one also but then I deleted it. :-b
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:56 am

This is stupid. Thisis to try and save Gruden's job, but it won't. It says something when Shannahan gives up on you. It says even more when he benches you in the middle of a playoff run for a rookie QB.

Plummer is garbage, the only thing good that will happen is that Gruden will be fired after this year and we can go sign Cowher or Schottenheimer
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:43 pm

Sirius NFL radio is reporting that this trade is going to be Nullified, and Plummer is going to Retire.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby meatwad10 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:44 pm

(March 2, 2007) -- NFL Network's Adam Schefter has learned Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer is expected to announce his retirement.

Earlier today, it had been reported that the Broncos agreed to terms on a trade that would send Plummer to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for a fourth-round draft pick. That trade is expected to be nullified due to Plummer's decision to retire.

Plummer has played 10 seasons in the NFL. A second-round draft pick of the Arizona Cardinals in 1997, he played six seasons in Arizona before signing with Denver in 2003. He led the Broncos to the 2005 AFC Championship Game, but was replaced as the starter late in the 2006 season by rookie Jay Cutler.
meatwad10
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk